+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in physical presence, but process still 'in process' after withdrawal?

joaosax

Apr 26, 2017
Hello,
I applied for citizenship back in August 2017 under the 4 year presence rule.
I passed the written test for citizenship (December 1st in Montreal), but was told during the interview with immigration agent that I had forgotten to declare a trip outside Canada.

She gave me 2 choices: sign the withdrawal form right away to re-apply later, or wait and see the judge with small chances of succeeding. I decided to give her the widthdrawal form right away.

Its now been 1 month and a half, and I still see my process as "in progress" on ecas. It has not yet been cancelled.. I called cic twice. First time, the agent told me it was odd they had not yet cancelled my application. Second time, the agent called Montreal immigragion office, then told me I should wait for their decision.

Does this mean I still have a chance of having my citizenship? Has anyone been through this before?
Thank you for sharing your experiences!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hello,
I applied for citizenship back in August 2017 under the 4 year presence rule.
I passed the written test for citizenship (December 1st in Montreal), but was told during the interview with immigration agent that I had forgotten to declare a trip outside Canada.

She gave me 2 choices: sign the withdrawal form right away to re-apply later, or wait and see the judge with small chances of succeeding. I decided to give her the widthdrawal form right away.

Its now been 1 month and a half, and I still see my process as "in progress" on ecas. It has not yet been cancelled.. I called cic twice. First time, the agent told me it was odd they had not yet cancelled my application. Second time, the agent called Montreal immigragion office, then told me I should wait for their decision.

Does this mean I still have a chance of having my citizenship? Has anyone been through this before?
Thank you for sharing your experiences!
Hi,

i am interested to know what happened with your application. Is it cancelled ?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
but was told during the interview with immigration agent that I had forgotten to declare a trip outside Canada.
Did you have any cushion days?

I've read on many forums that other applicants forgot 1 or 2 exists, but because they had buffer days, agents normally ask them for copies of their passport pages and the still processed their applications.

Am I missing something here?