+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mistake in online application

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

i have applied visitor visa online for my parents but made few silly mistakes in the forms. how can send updated forms? using web form?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you've made quite a few mistakes (which could affect a decision) then you can request the visa office to allow you to withdraw the applications. And, reapply again with the corrected version

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
If you've made quite a few mistakes (which could affect a decision) then you can request the visa office to allow you to withdraw the applications. And, reapply again with the corrected version
mistakes are -

Monther application -
• I have made mistake in application form (IMM5257E). I have added family name 'XXXX' along with Given Names at section 1 and section 10. so family appears two times in AOR etc.
• There was also a typo in my sister's "date of birth" in family info form (IMM5645E).

Father application -
- I have made mistake in application form (IMM5257E). I have added family name 'XXXX' along with Given Names at section 1.
- There was also a typo in my spouse "date of birth" in family form (IMM5645E). It should be 1957-04-01 instead of 1975-04-01.

So should I update and attached form to web form? I have submitted application 1 day ago.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
All these mistakes will not match with the passport details. An applicant is expected to check/recheck the visa application for correctness before signing/submitting.

The visa office may/may not accept the revised application form. Most probably the VO will not accept it. You can try though.

Best would be to request to withdraw their applications. You may even get a refund if processing has not started