+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in OINP application, Urgent

Alt_

Aug 21, 2019
Hello.
We got Notification of Interest from Ontario. Yesterday we submitted the application, but I've found a mistake in our application. One scan page of passport was missed. It's internal cover without personal details and stamps.
I read that Ontario rejects applications if passport page is missing.

What should I do in this situation? Is it good idea to withdraw the application and create a new one? I know that I loose $1500 in this case. However, it's written in the rules that Ontario doesn't accept documents which are sent by email.

Jaspreet2611

Aug 8, 2019
Hello.
We got Notification of Interest from Ontario. Yesterday we submitted the application, but I've found a mistake in our application. One scan page of passport was missed. It's internal cover without personal details and stamps.

What should I do in this situation? Is it good idea to withdraw the application and create a new one? I know that I loose $1500 in this case. However, it's written in the rules that Ontario doesn't accept documents which are sent by email.
Hello.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, nothing will happen, simply draft a mail to them. Explain the things to them and attach all copies of your passport in a single go. They will consider.

Alt_

Aug 21, 2019
As far as my knowledge is concerned, nothing will happen, simply draft a mail to them. Explain the things to them and attach all copies of your passport in a single go. They will consider.
I've already sent them an email. I am waiting for a reply.
Can I withdraw the application and submit a new one on the same day?

grace1057

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Hi @Sriram03 , in my case I got an e-mail from (Ontario Nominee Program) saying that I had missing document and gave me a timeline to submit. However, I had to withdraw the OINP application as I got Federal ITA. It won't hurt to e-mail them (if you can find the correct email address) and explain your situation with supporting docs attached. Good luck!