+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in my express Entry profile while the application is submitted

Atahmasb

Dec 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

My wife and I were invited to submit our documents and we did it. Our medical passed as well.

Today I releazied that we chose a wrong country for “ country of issue” for our passports.

We mixed it up with the place of issue which is different than the country of issue.

What should I do?
Should I call them first or send them a letter?

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Hello everyone,

My wife and I were invited to submit our documents and we did it. Our medical passed as well.

Today I releazied that we chose a wrong country for “ country of issue” for our passports.

We mixed it up with the place of issue which is different than the country of issue.

What should I do?
Should I call them first or send them a letter?
Most probably should not matter. these are small mistakes which im sure will be overlooked. However to be safe, go on and raise a CSE as suggested above.

Atahmasb

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for your help. I called IRCC and they said it is not a major issue. The agent put a note on our application and he told me to raise a CSE as well.
The agent said even if I had not called it would have been fine as the office would see our passport scans and would realize that it is not a major thing.

cmani.hv

May 5, 2018
He'll guys, I had similar problem. I wrote the wrong country name when applying for express entry. They asked me for multiple passport/travel documents.
I just uploaded my original passport.
And then should I raise a case?

Is that what you also did.

A reply will be very much approciated.

chiagoanago

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks for your help. I called IRCC and they said it is not a major issue. The agent put a note on our application and he told me to raise a CSE as well.
The agent said even if I had not called it would have been fine as the office would see our passport scans and would realize that it is not a major thing.
Hello. Please I just noticed a mistake with my uploaded documents for my travel history. How were you able to contact IRCC and speak to an agent?

Kavyashree

May 21, 2017
AOR Received.
17-09-2019
Hey people. My spouse's name has a spelling mistake. Can this be ignored too? Please help!