+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in Express entry profile and now I recieved ITA.. best possible solutions??

doneshbajaj82

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Nomination.....
12-09-2017
I recieved ITA today but while going through my profile I realised that I made mistake while filling one of my IELTS score in express entry profile. Now my immigration agent made the same mistake on my OINP PNP application but we got the nomination (OINP guys must have overlooked this mistake) now if we decline the ITA and change the IELTS score in EE it wont match with the score in OINP file... Whats the best possible solution.. I haven't accepted the ITA so far

Any expert advice @BillHyatt @legalfalcon @CooperStation22

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I recieved ITA today but while going through my profile I realised that I made mistake while filling one of my IELTS score in express entry profile. Now my immigration agent made the same mistake on my OINP PNP application but we got the nomination (OINP guys must have overlooked this mistake) now if we decline the ITA and change the IELTS score in EE it wont match with the score in OINP file... Whats the best possible solution.. I haven't accepted the ITA so far

Any expert advice @BillHyatt @legalfalcon @CooperStation22
You can change the scores now and write an email to OINP as well. If it doesn't bring you're below 400 it will be fine for OINP, and if it will be still more than CRS score needed for ITA then it will be fine for IRCC. In addition, you can write an LOE accepting your error.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: doneshbajaj82

doneshbajaj82

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Nomination.....
12-09-2017
You can change the scores now and write an email to OINP as well. If it doesn't bring you're below 400 it will be fine for OINP, and if it will be still more than CRS score needed for ITA then it will be fine for IRCC. In addition, you can write an LOE accepting your error.

I hope this will help.
I was ICT week OINP candidate and my score was already below 400 (wrong score of 358 as mistake was there in filling of one of the components of IELTS score, wrote 7.5 instead of 7) now after recalculation my correct score stands at 355. I was just wondering how come it went unnoticed by OINP guys

nganminhhieu

May 21, 2017
I think OINP was aware of your mistake but as you were chosen mainly by your NOC code under ICT profession regardless other criteria, so they might have let it go.
Plus your mistake had very minimal effect to your score so i dont think it should be a big deal.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I was ICT week OINP candidate and my score was already below 400 (wrong score of 358 as mistake was there in filling of one of the components of IELTS score, wrote 7.5 instead of 7) now after recalculation my correct score stands at 355. I was just wondering how come it went unnoticed by OINP guys
This would not have impacted your eligibility for OINP at that time however it is better to inform them and also correct your mistake in EE and attach LOE when you apply.

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
First Option (Long Route)
But before executing below, call & email(as well) OINP guyz and hear what is their opinion

1. Decline Current ITA

2. Create another EE profile...with correct IELTS..and write an LOE to OINP explaining the complete situation..

3. Ask OINP to transfer nomination to new EE Profile..so with this nomination..you will receive ITA in next round..

But first, call OINP guyz
====================

Second Option

Like everyone said above,

1) rectify your EE profile with correct IELTS score..

2) Accept invitation

3) Explain this complete situation in LOE..also get what OINP thinks about this change over email..to support your case..

(Now here is one thing to ponder.. at the time of ITA your score is 358+600 = 958... Now at the time of submitting your app you score would be 355(since you updated your IELTS score)+600 = 955..now when case officer does eligibility check... he/she would also check whether your score remained same from ITA to AOR or has it changed due to AGE/Other Factors.. in your case it will be marked as changed.. now what they check is your CRS at the time of AOR is above or equal to CRS of DRAW which was (433).. which in your case is above DRAW CRS..and that is because of Nomination Points)

Seniors/Experts, correct me if I am wrong...

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt @legalfalcon @CooperStation22 I have just received ITA but would like to change some information on the passport (which means I will get a new number) how am I affected? Can I still accept the invitation and update the application somehow? thank you.
If this is due to the new passport issued after the ITA date then yes you can attach this new passport along with Previous one and write in LOE. This will not be an issue and I have seen applicants doing this in the past.

Reactions: CooperStation22

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
@BillHyatt @legalfalcon @CooperStation22 I have just received ITA but would like to change some information on the passport (which means I will get a new number) how am I affected? Can I still accept the invitation and update the application somehow? thank you.
So after you accept your ITA.. system will automatically create a new application/profile(PR Application) which will be exact same copy of your EE profile on which you got ITA.. now this new PR application is editable..here you can update your new passport details.. and then explain this in LoE.. no problem at all..

But make sure you attach both passports (recent first and then older one..sequence is important) in document placeholder for passport in your PR application..

rohitpapali

Sep 21, 2017
So after you accept your ITA.. system will automatically create a new application/profile(PR Application) which will be exact same copy of your EE profile on which you got ITA.. now this new PR application is editable..here you can update your new passport details.. and then explain this in LoE.. no problem at all..

But make sure you attach both passports (recent first and then older one..sequence is important) in document placeholder for passport in your PR application..
Thank you for your reply.

My Summary request has been delayed by the FBI due to address change issue. They are saying about 3 more weeks. I have 6 more weeks to accept the invitation. What do i do?

sinhaankur

Mar 9, 2024
Hi Everyone
I did a similar mistake
I got Provincial/Territorial Interest Letter on :December 14, 2023
Also got ONIP on 6 th of March 2024.
I had score of 476 did a mistake on IETLS score.
Now it is 470 which is less than selected band
473-480. for CEC

Sjunior01

Sep 5, 2019

I hope this will help.
Hello

Need some advice

I have an issue regarding my reference letter. I just realized that HR has made a mistake. They stated that I work 40 hours per week instead of 45 hours. I've already submitted my application with the 45-hour workweek. Will this minor mistake cause a problem to my application.
@legalfalcon @CooperStation22

Thanks in advance