+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in EE (Uncle/Aunty Relationship) and whether it would affect my ITA

chrisjordan

Feb 22, 2018
Dear all,
Please I made a stupid mistake when filling my ee. Based on my dad saying that I had an Uncle there, I just went with what he said and filled it in the EE to the effect that I had an Uncle who is my relative.

Now the problem is that, the person is in fact my dad's cousin bearing a different surname (which i noticed after he sent me his passport).
Will it affect my process in genera or do i just cancel my ITA and re-enter the pool?( because I checked the CRS score and I dont think a point was given for that).

Thanks for the replies.

chrisjordan

Feb 22, 2018
See if you're still eligible to enter EE (67 points) if you remove your uncle from your application
Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. It didnt state whether i was eligible or not. It just gave me a score of 475 (without relatives) and 490 (with relatives). It also gave me a score of 475 which i used to enter the pool. But what is confusing me is that i filled that i had an uncle in the EE profile, so I dont know why it didnt change to 490? In which case, i would be glad if it didnt.
im still confused.
Thanks again

op12

Jul 8, 2018
Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. It didnt state whether i was eligible or not. It just gave me a score of 475 (without relatives) and 490 (with relatives). It also gave me a score of 475 which i used to enter the pool. But what is confusing me is that i filled that i had an uncle in the EE profile, so I dont know why it didnt change to 490? In which case, i would be glad if it didnt.
im still confused.
Thanks again
There are no CRS points for relatives (except siblings). You should check if you score 67 points to qualify for FSW program. If you do, then there's no need to decline the ITA (just mention in the LOE about the confusion). If you don't score 67 points without the adaptibility relatives points, then you should decline the ITA.

chrisjordan

Feb 22, 2018
There are no CRS points for relatives (except siblings). You should check if you score 67 points to qualify for FSW program. If you do, then there's no need to decline the ITA (just mention in the LOE about the confusion). If you don't score 67 points without the adaptibility relatives points, then you should decline the ITA.
Many thanks for this advice. It didnt change my score but I would state the confusion in the LOE. Thanks again