+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in COPR

msalmnkhan

Apr 27, 2024
I recently got my COPR. I noticed a mistake in my COPR where my dependent child name has an additional name which is not valid anymore as per her passport. I have informed IRCC using the web form while application is in process but they went ahead and printed the same name in the COPR. My child is not accompanying me in this travel and doesn’t have her own COPR. My COPR is expiring by Nov 2024 and I have to travel by May 2024. Already raised a webform about a month ago. But no response yet
Can I travel to Canada and rectify her details in the border?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I recently got my COPR. I noticed a mistake in my COPR where my dependent child name has an additional name which is not valid anymore as per her passport. I have informed IRCC using the web form while application is in process but they went ahead and printed the same name in the COPR. My child is not accompanying me in this travel and doesn’t have her own COPR. My COPR is expiring by Nov 2024 and I have to travel by May 2024. Already raised a webform about a month ago. But no response yet
Can I travel to Canada and rectify her details in the border?
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=041&top=12#

msalmnkhan

Apr 27, 2024
Hi Miss. bee,
The issue is that it will take around 6 month for this to be fixed. I have read posts about people with wrong details such as wrong COB, no surname etc travel and amend it in port. But haven’t read anyone posting on wrong name on dependant name. And who is non accompanying. Was wondering if I can still go ahead and amend it

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Miss. bee,
The issue is that it will take around 6 month for this to be fixed. I have read posts about people with wrong details such as wrong COB, no surname etc travel and amend it in port. But haven’t read anyone posting on wrong name on dependant name. And who is non accompanying. Was wondering if I can still go ahead and amend it
You can still land with same COPR and ask CBSA officials to correct it. If they can’t fix , just follow above link and correct it while you are in Canada.

msalmnkhan

Apr 27, 2024
Thank you for this. I will proceed to travel. Will update here what the CBSA says. Hopefully someone in future can benefit.