+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in COPR & COPR (issued after 18th March 2020) expiry extension

Rania171

Jan 10, 2021
Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions and was hoping someone here can help me.
1) I got my PRV & COPR in Dec 2020, but my Country of Residence (COR) is stated wrong. I sent a case specific enquiry to the IRCC office that issued my documents and haven't heard back from them, nor gotten any acknowledgement that they received my message. My question is: what do I do if I don't get any response from IRCC? Do I need to contact my local VFS/VAC where I submitted my passport? How much problem would this mistake cause if I do get to travel to Canada soon without having fixed it?

2) What happens if your COPR (issued after 18th March 2020) expires & you haven't been able to travel due to restrictions? My COPR & PRV is expiring on 30th April 2021. So far the information I have found regarding expiry (or IRCC contacting folks who are ready to move) is for those who had their COPR issued on or before 18th March 2020. Can the expiry be extended?

Thanks!

Jaagn

Sep 10, 2021
Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions and was hoping someone here can help me.
1) I got my PRV & COPR in Dec 2020, but my Country of Residence (COR) is stated wrong. I sent a case specific enquiry to the IRCC office that issued my documents and haven't heard back from them, nor gotten any acknowledgement that they received my message. My question is: what do I do if I don't get any response from IRCC? Do I need to contact my local VFS/VAC where I submitted my passport? How much problem would this mistake cause if I do get to travel to Canada soon without having fixed it?

2) What happens if your COPR (issued after 18th March 2020) expires & you haven't been able to travel due to restrictions? My COPR & PRV is expiring on 30th April 2021. So far the information I have found regarding expiry (or IRCC contacting folks who are ready to move) is for those who had their COPR issued on or before 18th March 2020. Can the expiry be extended?

Thanks!
Hi Rania did you received any update. I have the similar error but with marital status. Could you please help me on sharing your experience on how you fixed the issue for wrong cor

Zakshaq

Oct 9, 2022

Thanks!
Hey Rania, I am facing a similar issue. The Country of residence on my COPR is incorrect.

Did you manage to find any answer/help?