+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in application_Incomplete ID

Gangnams

Jul 22, 2018
Please can anyone advice on what to do? I sent my application on June 15 but just realized I made a mistake in the ID I submitted. I actually submitted the bio page of passport and drivers license but the license was only the front page and did not include the back. Is there anything I can do or just wait for my package to be returned?

Last edited:

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Please can anyone advice on what to do? I sent my application on June 15 but just realized I made a mistake in the ID I submitted. I actually submitted the bio page of passport and drivers license but the license was only the front page and did not include the back. Is there anything I can do or just wait for my package to be returned?
You can not do anything at the moment.
They will return your application as incomplete since is explicit in the guide to send copy of front and back of docs.
Thus, you will be able to use the same receipt to re-send the package.
Sent together a copy of the letter you will receive from the IRCC also.

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
You are just fine. The front side of driver license contain all info they required like name, picture and date of birth. Back side has nothing to do with your bio data so don’t worry

Reactions: Avadava

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
You can not do anything at the moment.
They will return your application as incomplete since is explicit in the guide to send copy of front and back of docs.
Thus, you will be able to use the same receipt to re-send the package.
Sent together a copy of the letter you will receive from the IRCC also.
Could you please point out where exactly in the guide it explicitly says "front and back" of documents? I cannot find that.
The guide says:
  • if you didn’t have a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
AND

Photocopy of personal identification. Examples of identification you can use include:
  • driver’s license;
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen’s card
  • age of majority card

Note: You cannot use your permanent resident card as identification.
It seems to me that if the Driver's license OP sent has name, DOB and photograph on the front, then there are no issues and they should be fine :) Don't worry @Gangnams.

Cheers,

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
I don’t think you need to send a copy of the back of your drivers license. It says to copy the back only if it has info on it. The back of the drivers licence doesn’t have your info on it. The PR card has the date you landed on the back, so you would send a back copy of that, but not the drivers licence. I sent a copy of my BCID, only front, as the back has just a black line.

Gangnams

Jul 22, 2018
You are just fine. The front side of driver license contain all info they required like name, picture and date of birth. Back side has nothing to do with your bio data so don’t worry
Thanks Malik87. I also thought the same thing but heard about someone that had application returned bcos he did not include back copy. It is on the checklist that it says to also send copy of the back if there is information on both sides. I did not think the information at the back was relevant until I heard of someone who got his application returned bcos of that. My id is Alberta drivers license. I dont know if sending it out now that they have not started the processing would make any difference.

Gangnams

Jul 22, 2018
Could you please point out where exactly in the guide it explicitly says "front and back" of documents? I cannot find that.
The guide says:
  • if you didn’t have a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
AND

Photocopy of personal identification. Examples of identification you can use include:
  • driver’s license;
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen’s card
  • age of majority card

Note: You cannot use your permanent resident card as identification.
It seems to me that if the Driver's license OP sent has name, DOB and photograph on the front, then there are no issues and they should be fine :) Don't worry @Gangnams.

Cheers,
I also thought the same thing but heard about someone that had application returned bcos he did not include back copy. It is on the checklist that it says to also send copy of the back if there is information on both sides. I did not think the information at the back was relevant until I heard of someone who got his application returned bcos of that. My id is Alberta drivers license. I dont know if sending it out now that they have not started the processing would make any difference.

Gangnams

Jul 22, 2018
I don’t think you need to send a copy of the back of your drivers license. It says to copy the back only if it has info on it. The back of the drivers licence doesn’t have your info on it. The PR card has the date you landed on the back, so you would send a back copy of that, but not the drivers licence. I sent a copy of my BCID, only front, as the back has just a black line.
So did you get your AOR yet? I sent Alberta drivers license. On a casual look, it seems there is no information at the back but I am seeing a particular number and bar code. I heard someone had his application returned for not sending the copy of the back of drivers license that he used as ID.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
I also thought the same thing but heard about someone that had application returned bcos he did not include back copy. It is on the checklist that it says to also send copy of the back if there is information on both sides. I did not think the information at the back was relevant until I heard of someone who got his application returned bcos of that. My id is Alberta drivers license. I dont know if sending it out now that they have not started the processing would make any difference.
They say exactly what they need to see: Name, date of birth and photograph. If what you sent included that, then you are fine. Copies of back are only required if any of these are listed on the back.

The someone you heard of may simply have used a different document that did not have all of the information required on the front, or maybe it was expired?

For instance, my Brazilian identity document has picture on one side, and DOB and further info on the other side.

Reactions: Gangnams

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
So did you get your AOR yet? I sent Alberta drivers license. On a casual look, it seems there is no information at the back but I am seeing a particular number and bar code. I heard someone had his application returned for not sending the copy of the back of drivers license that he used as ID.
I don't have my AOR yet, just sent the application a few weeks ago. But stop stressing, they won't return your application for this reason. Like someone else mentioned, the front copy is enough (they want to see picture, name, DOB, etc.).

I'm confident that our applications won't get returned.

Gangnams

Jul 22, 2018
I don't have my AOR yet, just sent the application a few weeks ago. But stop stressing, they won't return your application for this reason. Like someone else mentioned, the front copy is enough (they want to see picture, name, DOB, etc.).

I'm confident that our applications won't get returned.
Thanks. I will try to tap into that your confidence and do away with stress. Its only bcos of the stories of some who got their stuff returned for that singular reason like the guy called icerberg
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2018-citizenship-applicants.557978/page-38

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Thanks. I will try to tap into that your confidence and do away with stress. Its only bcos of the stories of some who got their stuff returned for that singular reason like the guy called icerberg
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2018-citizenship-applicants.557978/page-38
I feel this person was very unlucky and unfortunate to get an overzealous citizenship officer. I don't think this is the norm. Not many people send copies of the back, if they were to return each application, it would be chaos.

Last edited: