+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in Application - One day outside Canada not recorded

Felonious.Spunk

Jun 28, 2017
Hey all.
June applicant pre C-6 here. I had about 40 trips outside of Canada, mostly 3-4 days each, mostly for business in the US. Applied at 1642 days of presence, after 4.5 years, with about 170 days out of country total.

In preparing for a PR card extension, I just realized that I left off a trip in my presence calculator, despite what I thought was meticulous tracking. It was a Friday -Sunday kind of trip to the US, so for the calculator it would have counted as 1 day out of country.

Question: I believe my application would still have been eligible for citizenship, but is there something I should do to correct the error before it might be caught by CIC? Or just take a wait-and-see approach? With so many small trips, is it likely that they will question this oversight?

Thanks!

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Just send an updated travel history with explanation, shouldn't be a big issue.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Can someone clear this confusion-
From is the date when you were on the canadian soil
and To is the date when you were back on canadian soil?
Thats what I am putting in my online physical calculator

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Can someone clear this confusion-
From is the date when you were on the canadian soil
and To is the date when you were back on canadian soil?
Thats what I am putting in my online physical calculator
Not completely correct. If, say, your plane landed on April 10 at 11:30 pm, but you didn't reach passport control before midnight, your day of reentering Canada would be recorded as April 11. So it's the day you cross passport control that matters for your day of return.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Hey all.
June applicant pre C-6 here. I had about 40 trips outside of Canada, mostly 3-4 days each, mostly for business in the US. Applied at 1642 days of presence, after 4.5 years, with about 170 days out of country total.

In preparing for a PR card extension, I just realized that I left off a trip in my presence calculator, despite what I thought was meticulous tracking. It was a Friday -Sunday kind of trip to the US, so for the calculator it would have counted as 1 day out of country.

Question: I believe my application would still have been eligible for citizenship, but is there something I should do to correct the error before it might be caught by CIC? Or just take a wait-and-see approach? With so many small trips, is it likely that they will question this oversight?

Thanks!
If you have got enough buffer days I would not worry. I had forgotten a whole trip of three weeks and was made aware of this during my interview. As I had enough buffer days there was no issue at all. If you have not enough buffer days you will very likely not get it through.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
If you have got enough buffer days I would not worry. I had forgotten a whole trip of three weeks and was made aware of this during my interview. As I had enough buffer days there was no issue at all. If you have not enough buffer days you will very likely not get it through.
Second that, really important to have some buffer.

Remembering Entry Exit dates based on stamped entry or passport control etc is not practically possible and probably most of us will never remember what time we passed through the check point. I am sure they have tons of such travel data. Again buffer is important.