+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misspelled name on passport

hasnatahmad

Feb 4, 2017
Hi,
My last name is misspelled on my passport. Educational documents+Bank account+NIC all have my last name as "Ahmed" while my passport has it spelled as "Ahmad". As passport is only identification accepted worldwide, therefore it appears as "Ahmad" on Police Certificate and IELTS that I did outside my home country.
Will that be a problem?
Whats the best way to address this?

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasnatahmad said:
But I have my UAE documents(police certificate, visa, IELTS etc) with incorrect spelling. What of them?
I fail to understand how can you do such a blunder on your passport ? You should have corrected your passport the moment you saw the problem.

They only way out that I can see though this is change of name affidavit, where you say that you have changed your surname from Ahamed to Ahamad.
Thats all that I can think of. But all you further documents will be as per your passport even the PPR that you will receive.

hasnatahmad

Feb 4, 2017
cavemen said:
I fail to understand how can you do such a blunder on your passport ? You should have corrected your passport the moment you saw the problem.

They only way out that I can see though this is change of name affidavit, where you say that you have changed your surname from Ahamed to Ahamad.
Thats all that I can think of. But all you further documents will be as per your passport even the PPR that you will receive.
Thank you for valuable feedback caveman.
If i get the name corrected on my passport. How will it effect my application? Will my IELTS and Upfront Medical Exam be acceptable as they are with old name?

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasnatahmad said:
Thank you for valuable feedback caveman.
If i get the name corrected on my passport. How will it effect my application? Will my IELTS and Upfront Medical Exam be acceptable as they are with old name?
Not sure ...