+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

#Mississauga office #Test & Interview #Total time?

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Those who have done citizenship test recently in mississauga office can please tell how much time required for test and interview. The reason why i am asking this because we have to leave our child to someone probably a friend for that time period. BTW, my test time is 12:45pm.

visitor007

Oct 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
Those who have done citizenship test recently in mississauga office can please tell how much time required for test and interview. The reason why i am asking this because we have to leave our child to someone probably friend for that period of time. My test time is 12:45pm.
3 hrs

ea91

Mar 9, 2017
Hello,
I took the test in Sauga as well. You should be ready for +- 4 hrs. If your are "lucky" and called up first, it can be shorter. I was called up last so had to wait there for some time - without my iPhone ::)

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Thanks. Are we allowed to use cell phone in a waiting area after the test done or not?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
canada1234 said:
Thanks. Are we allowed to use cell phone in a waiting area after the test done or not?
I doubt it, as it is their office. I'm sure they don't want people using phones and making noises etc in the office.
Is it absolutely necessary to use phone in there for you ??

canmr

Dec 30, 2016
Do they let us use any kind of tablet that does not have phone function (like iPad; keeping volume off) while waiting between test and interview?

Do we need to submit the phone to them before test (after switching it off) and collect it after test/interview? (or) we may keep it with us having it switched off until interview is completed?

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
Those who have done citizenship test recently in mississauga office can please tell how much time required for test and interview. The reason why i am asking this because we have to leave our child to someone probably a friend for that time period. BTW, my test time is 12:45pm.
Whoever finishes the test first gets called up for the interview first. I finished first and was called up and the guy who finished after me was then called up. For me the test and interview took about 30 mins because they started interviews while some people were still in the room taking the test.

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
Blueboy1980 said:
Whoever finishes the test first gets called up for the interview first. I finished first and was called up and the guy who finished after me was then called up. For me the test and interview took about 30 mins because they started interviews while some people were still in the room taking the test.
Thanks for the info. Is the test handwritten and they mark it while you sit or is it done on computer and then it spits out a report with your score that you hand to an officer?

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santoki said:
Thanks for the info. Is the test handwritten and they mark it while you sit or is it done on computer and then it spits out a report with your score that you hand to an officer?
You sit on a chair in the room and there's a clipboard with an answer sheet on it. Then they give out the test and you circle the correct answer on your sheet. It's handwritten, they give u a pencil. Don't stress over it, it's really not difficult. If you can answer the questions on the Citizenshipcounts.ca website then you will have no trouble at all on the test. It took me around 4 mins to complete and that included checking my answers. I would say about 18 of the 20 questions are common sense but maybe 2 are ones you need to re read the question to make sure you get the right answer.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Blueboy1980 said:
You sit on a chair in the room and there's a clipboard with an answer sheet on it. Then they give out the test and you circle the correct answer on your sheet. It's handwritten, they give u a pencil. Don't stress over it, it's really not difficult. If you can answer the questions on the Citizenshipcounts.ca website then you will have no trouble at all on the test. It took me around 4 mins to complete and that included checking my answers. I would say about 18 of the 20 questions are common sense but maybe 2 are ones you need to re read the question to make sure you get the right answer.
Thanks. Do they tell you result right away after the test.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
Thanks. Do they tell you result right away after the test.
During your interview the officer will tell you your score. Sometimes you will have to ask them but usually they will tell you right away ;)

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Rigly68 said:
During your interview the officer will tell you your score. Sometimes you will have to ask them but usually they will tell you right away ;)
Thanks.