+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Office Applicants 2014/ 2015

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats and Good Luck! do study the Discover Canada book several times and don't just rely on the online tests. Trust me, the test isn't that easy and people do fail the test if they have not studied the book properly. Make notes of important events, important people and most importantly the important dates. The questions also come from the coloured pictures / texts on the sides, top, middle and the bottom of the pages.

I passed mine yesterday at Mississauga too and luckily got all the questions right but not everyone gets all the questions right and you only have a margin of 5 wrongs, you must get at least 15 right to pass so can't stress enough that do study hard and read the book as many times as you can!

zafari said:
I received test date Dec 7, 2015 on Monday :) :)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Below is the URL for google doc's to track progress / share timeline for applicants under "New Citizenship Rule - 4 yrs Out of 6 years"

Please share your details, it would help us to monitor the trend / pace of progress for each location and estimate the expected time frame.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Wish you all the best.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2015 said:
Congrats and Good Luck! do study the Discover Canada book several times and don't just rely on the online tests. Trust me, the test isn't that easy and people do fail the test if they have not studied the book properly. Make notes of important events, important people and most importantly the important dates. The questions also come from the coloured pictures / texts on the sides, top, middle and the bottom of the pages.

I passed mine yesterday at Mississauga too and luckily got all the questions right but not everyone gets all the questions right and you only have a margin of 5 wrongs, you must get at least 15 right to pass so can't stress enough that do study hard and read the book as many times as you can!
How much time do you need to prepare for the test? Should I memorize all the dates? There is so much information.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received my letter for oath on the 1X of December, 2015. Thank you everyone for being a useful resource and keeping my hopes high.. 2nd time's a charm!! I hope to be around on this forum to at least help people in any way I can. From April 2Xth to December 1Xth is how long my application took.

P.S. Always have a good number of months available before applying. Keep your application clear, and if you have complications.. Just wait for a few months and apply!

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read each chapter in detail and while reading make notes of important stuff such as laws / rules, dates, events and important people's names. I jotted them down on a piece of paper as bullet points and then used to review those points a couple of times to sort of memorize them. Do this with every chapter. As for the time, I think I did thorough reading for about 2 to 3 hours each day and spent around 3 to 4 days in total. I would recommend memorizing and revising close to your test date so everything remains fresh in your mind. Read the whole book just once the night before (or early morning on the day of the test) depending on your test time. Don't stress yourself too much, as long as you follow the above, trust me you'll be good. Also my tip on the test is this, I answered first all the questions that I was 100% sure about, then did those that I was not a 100% sure about but still had some idea following the remaining that I wasn't sure at all and just picked up the answer that I thought was most accurate out of the 4 choices. Then I reviewed all my answers at least 3 to 4 times before handing in the answer sheet back. Even if you finish the test before time, it's always better to keep on reviewing, as often times you end up marking the wrong answer in a rush even though you 100% know the right answer, it actually happened to me with one of my questions and thanks to my repeated revisions that I caught that error and rectified it before handing in my answer sheet.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Quince777 said:
How much time do you need to prepare for the test? Should I memorize all the dates? There is so much information.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally got Decision Made! :eek:

I'm not sure if it was on Friday or Thursday since I didn't check. So I am going to say I got it today since that's when I saw it.

Anyone know how long till the oath now?? ;D

jondon

Jun 16, 2015
I missed my oath scheduled for 24 Nov as I did not receive the oath invite letter in time. The letter is dated 6 Nov and post marked 9 Nov, and I received it only on 1 Dec. Somehow Canada Post took 22 days to deliver it a distance of about 12 km. Add to that my ECAS status has not been updated either. Now I have to write to CIC explaining why I missed the oath ceremony so they can reschedule.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2015 said:
Read each chapter in detail and while reading make notes of important stuff such as laws / rules, dates, events and important people's names. I jotted them down on a piece of paper as bullet points and then used to review those points a couple of times to sort of memorize them. Do this with every chapter. As for the time, I think I did thorough reading for about 2 to 3 hours each day and spent around 3 to 4 days in total. I would recommend memorizing and revising close to your test date so everything remains fresh in your mind. Read the whole book just once the night before (or early morning on the day of the test) depending on your test time. Don't stress yourself too much, as long as you follow the above, trust me you'll be good. Also my tip on the test is this, I answered first all the questions that I was 100% sure about, then did those that I was not a 100% sure about but still had some idea following the remaining that I wasn't sure at all and just picked up the answer that I thought was most accurate out of the 4 choices. Then I reviewed all my answers at least 3 to 4 times before handing in the answer sheet back. Even if you finish the test before time, it's always better to keep on reviewing, as often times you end up marking the wrong answer in a rush even though you 100% know the right answer, it actually happened to me with one of my questions and thanks to my repeated revisions that I caught that error and rectified it before handing in my answer sheet.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
Thank you so much for your thorough reply! Sometimes, it's hard to memorize all the dates and names. Did you find a lot of difficult questions on the test that were asking for specific date or name?

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem. I know it's hard to memorize the dates and names as it happened to me too and many of the dates and names were getting mixed up in my mind but we have no choice than to try and memorize. Rest assured, no question is gonna be asked outside the book except if it's about your local MP or about the present federal and provincial governments and the oppositions therefore there's no other option than to try and memorize as much as you can. Luckily, I did not get too many questions on dates and names so I guess they normally do not make the test too hard for you knowing that memorizing so much information isn't too easy for every individual, however, your preparation should be at least 80% if not a 100%.

Quince777 said:
Thank you so much for your thorough reply! Sometimes, it's hard to memorize all the dates and names. Did you find a lot of difficult questions on the test that were asking for specific date or name?

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anil04_10 said:
LOL ...... I saw this in Feb tracker, so updated the same here. Seems someone is messing up with the Feb tracker ......
Still hoping you will get it soon .... :)

Cheers. Anil
Anil....I got DM yesterday (or earlier) it seems maybe the 16th is a possibility :-X

Someone predicted the future! :p

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
ScubaC said:
Anil....I got DM yesterday (or earlier) it seems maybe the 16th is a possibility :-X

Someone predicted the future! :p
Congratulations ScubaC ....... ;D

Cheers. Anil

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
Test & interview went smooth. Got 20/20.

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
I finally got Decision Made! :eek:

I'm not sure if it was on Friday or Thursday since I didn't check. So I am going to say I got it today since that's when I saw it.

Anyone know how long till the oath now?? ;D
Congratulations!
I've been waiting for my application to say Decision Made as well. Any thoughts on why you think it took this amount of time for your application status to move to Decision Made?

Thanks!

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Anyone took test on Nov.12 and still wait for DM to appear? It has been about 1 month now. Someone tested on Nov. 23 got DM already. Anyone here?