-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Sonia08 said:
I took my oath today. The journey is finally over. Thank you to everyone on this forum for providing support and expert opinions and views.

I wish everyone who is still in the process good luck for a speedy processing.

Thanks everyone.
Congrats

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
penetrate said:
Hello all, here is my complete timeline. Applied for passport and getting in this week. ENDED THE JOURNEY..

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 23, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on May 19, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on August 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2015 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 9, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
6. You became a Canadian citizen on November 9, 2015.

All the best to everyone including to this very much useful website creator....
Congratulations!

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sonia08 said:
I took my oath today. The journey is finally over. Thank you to everyone on this forum for providing support and expert opinions and views.

Thanks everyone.
Congratulations & best wishes for all

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
kodiaksa said:
I received my Oath invitation last Wednesday, dated the Tuesday. However, ECAS is not updated. Oath is for 27th. Anyone else experience this? Is this normal?
Congratulations!

It will eventually get updated don't worry!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
datascientist said:
My Journey completed after taking my Oath at Mississauga office yesterday.

Thanks every one in the forum for their support.

The entire processing took exactly a year (I was issued pre-test RQ questionairre).
Congratulations! Pretty good timeline considering an RQ :)

All the best for the future!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Sonia08 said:

Thanks everyone.
Congratulations!

kodiaksa

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it matter that I've had my oath invite letter for a week and ECAS hasn't been updated?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
kodiaksa said:
Does it matter that I've had my oath invite letter for a week and ECAS hasn't been updated?
yep its ok.. All you have to care about is your letter that you now have in hands. You will just need to show them the invitation letter, your PR card and your landing paper when you go to take the oath.

kodiaksa

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
yep its ok.. All you have to care about is your letter that you now have in hands. You will just need to show them the invitation letter, your PR card and your landing paper when you go to take the oath.
Thanks! I guess I just think, that if ECAS is not update, then someone hasn't entered something into one of the systems...and my concern was, what if that system is the same as the one that prints the certificate, or registers me. haha... seems kind of silly that they have to enter in multiple systems.

gp_dubai

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-11
AOR Received.
Mar-11
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May-11
Med's Request
Jun-11
Med's Done....
Aug-11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-Nov-11
LANDED..........
May-2012 ( by Gods Grace !!)
Sonia08 said:

Thanks everyone.
Congratulations !!

Sonia08

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
I received my oath letter dated Nov 3 delivered to me on Nov 6 for oath ceremony on Nov 17, surprisingly the Ecas is still showing my test date as the last line. It's the same for my husband. I think Mississauga is moving fast, therefore there is a backlog for Ecas to be updated.

Watch out for the letters in the mail and don't rely on Ecas updates.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Sonia08 said:
I received my oath letter dated Nov 3 delivered to me on Nov 6 for oath ceremony on Nov 17, surprisingly the Ecas is still showing my test date as the last line. It's the same for my husband. I think Mississauga is moving fast, therefore there is a backlog for Ecas to be updated.

Watch out for the letters in the mail and don't rely on Ecas updates.
Comgrats! :)

basel4380

Jul 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FINALLY :D the wait is over.... I received the OATH invitation letter today for November 28 :D ECAS is not updated yet but it doesn't matter.... I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the valuable informal and guidance I received...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
basel4380 said:
FINALLY :D the wait I over.... I received the OATH invitation letter today for November 28 :D ECAS is not updated yet but it doesn't matter.... I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the valuable informal and guidance I received...
Comgratulations!!

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
basel4380 said:
FINALLY :D the wait is over.... I received the OATH invitation letter today for November 28 :D ECAS is not updated yet but it doesn't matter.... I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the valuable informal and guidance I received...
Congratulates! We took the test same day! You are on a faster train!