Mississauga Office Applicants 2014/ 2015

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
Good news and bad news guys.

What do you want to hear first? Ok Ok.

The good news is that I received my test (YELLOW) letter invite today to take the Scarborough office on Aug 7. I guess the Mississauga office has a huge volume or something. I don't know. This is the good news obviously though my ecas is still missing line 4.

Now onto the bad news. The bad news is that, I will be out of the country during that time for 3 weeks. Everything has been booked, scheduled and paid for. I can not for crying out loud cancel and/or reschedule my trip.

I hate the way CIC operates. I knew the time between test notice and test day was about 2 - 3 weeks. That is why I waited till 3 weeks ago to book and pay for my 3 week trip. I guess I was hoping that I would be scheduled for some time in late August after I came back to Canada. It sucks as I didn't really want to reschedule taking the test. I've been patient enough but I hate I have to reschedule. Damn!!!!

I wonder how far back in line they will put me now if/when I call CIC. I hate this scenario!

Your thoughts...
I was in a similar situation. I'd booked my tickets for 2nd of August. Also informed CIC about the vacation dates. Got the notice for test on 5th August in Scarborough (dated a week after I informed CIC) 2 days ago.

CIC agent told me rescheduling would mean an average delay of 6 months. After a great deal of deliberation, postponed my flight to 6th August. Lighter by a thousand dollars. Very upsetting but not much we can do about it.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
Good news and bad news guys.

What do you want to hear first? Ok Ok.

The good news is that I received my test (YELLOW) letter invite today to take the Scarborough office on Aug 7. I guess the Mississauga office has a huge volume or something. I don't know. This is the good news obviously though my ecas is still missing line 4.

Now onto the bad news. The bad news is that, I will be out of the country during that time for 3 weeks. Everything has been booked, scheduled and paid for. I can not for crying out loud cancel and/or reschedule my trip.

I hate the way CIC operates. I knew the time between test notice and test day was about 2 - 3 weeks. That is why I waited till 3 weeks ago to book and pay for my 3 week trip. I guess I was hoping that I would be scheduled for some time in late August after I came back to Canada. It sucks as I didn't really want to reschedule taking the test. I've been patient enough but I hate I have to reschedule. Damn!!!!

I wonder how far back in line they will put me now if/when I call CIC. I hate this scenario!

Your thoughts...
3-4 months. What do you need citizenship for?

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aspat said:
I was in a similar situation. I'd booked my tickets for 2nd of August. Also informed CIC about the vacation dates. Got the notice for test on 5th August in Scarborough (dated a week after I informed CIC) 2 days ago.

CIC agent told me rescheduling would mean an average delay of 6 months. After a great deal of deliberation, postponed my flight to 6th August. Lighter by a thousand dollars. Very upsetting but not much we can do about it.
Thanks for comment Aspat. I am looking at options as we speak as I have very very limited finances since everything has been sorted out since last month. I'll call CIC Monday to see what they say about rescheduling. I don't think they'll give a positive response but I'll call anyway. What an inconvenience this is.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
3-4 months. What do you need citizenship for?
Thanks for your comment. I think 3-4 months sounds "reasonable" all things considered. What do I need citizenship for? Really dude? Let's stick to the subject please.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
Thanks for your comment. I think 3-4 months sounds "reasonable" all things considered. What do I need citizenship for? Really dude? Let's stick to the subject please.
Ok sticking to the subject, what do you need citizenship for?

USNick

Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-08-11
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
In other words, I believe CanV is asking, "Do you need citizenship immediately, like for work qualifications or clearance?" In which case, waiting 3-4 months might be more of a burden than trying to reschedule your trip. If you don't need citizenship for pressing needs or reasons, then perhaps you can wait until a rescheduled time to take your test.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Work related. But after much thought, it can wait.

I've planned my trip for the last 8 months and spent thousands of dollars (US) on. I'll call CIC next week and notify them that I will not make the test and ask to be reschedule after when am back.

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
IllaBee said:
Work related. But after much thought, it can wait.

I've planned my trip for the last 8 months and spent thousands of dollars (US) on. I'll call CIC next week and notify them that I will not make the test and ask to be reschedule after when am back.
Congratulations on receiving your test invite and sorry that you have to re-schedule it :(
By the way; does your e-Cas show the test invitation sent out? I have a very similar timeline to yours (filed: Jan-23, AOR: Mar-03, IP: Apr-14 and LOT: Apr-28 - Mississauga Office); like many ppl, LOT disappeared and never came back... E-Cas shows IP on Apr-14 and nothing else (no fingerprint request, no additional info requested so far; just getting curious now since ppl with similar timelines and transfer to Mississauga are receiving test dates by now.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone, who took the test in Mississauga office, has the Oath in Scarborough or anywhere else this July/August ?
When I passed the test on June 3rd, I've been told to wait 4-6 weeks for the letter. Haven't heard anything back from them, it's 7th week already.
I'll probably call the CIC on Monday, but afraid they will tell me to wait another 24 months (as their website says).
My ecas is still "in process" and the last line is from the test.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Does anyone, who took the test in Mississauga office, has the Oath in Scarborough or anywhere else this July/August ?
When I passed the test on June 3rd, I've been told to wait 4-6 weeks for the letter. Haven't heard anything back from them, it's 7th week already.
I'll probably call the CIC on Monday, but afraid they will tell me to wait another 24 months (as their website says).
My ecas is still "in process" and the last line is from the test.
You will probably do oath in Scarborough, currently taking 3-4 months after test

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
You will probably do oath in Scarborough, currently taking 3-4 months after test
That's depressing, I was planning to take a vacation in August.
Thanks anyway, will call CIC on Monday to get more info.

sasan1354

May 25, 2015
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 8, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 8, 2014.
We started processing your application on November 3, 2014.
Application transferred to Mississauga office January 26, 2015
Almost six months and still waiting for test, I talked to CIC she said I even can not tell you application status and you have to wait up to two years then you can phone and ask for your status

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_1985 said:
Congratulations on receiving your test invite and sorry that you have to re-schedule it :(
By the way; does your e-Cas show the test invitation sent out? I have a very similar timeline to yours (filed: Jan-23, AOR: Mar-03, IP: Apr-14 and LOT: Apr-28 - Mississauga Office); like many ppl, LOT disappeared and never came back... E-Cas shows IP on Apr-14 and nothing else (no fingerprint request, no additional info requested so far; just getting curious now since ppl with similar timelines and transfer to Mississauga are receiving test dates by now.
Hello Sam.
My line 4 is still not showing despite receiving the test invite. CIC is a different beast. You never know what they are upto.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
Just bringing the thread up, so as to clear confusion ..... somehow few threads (the HOT topics) got duplicated ... :eek: .... and created a pseudo panicky situation ...... :p

Cheers, Anil.

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My MP confirmed that my application is in que to be scheduled for an oath as of July 7th, 2015. That is when my status changed to "decision made".

I wonder how long is this que at the Mississauga office...