+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Office Applicants 2014/ 2015

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Re: disappearance of 4th (transfer to local office) line - so called computer "glitch"

What kind of incompetent IT department will allow this "glitch" to go on for months?

Its obvious that in spite of increasing the fees from $100 to ~$650 in ~2 years, no money is being spent on IT infrastructure. The money is probably used to fatten up CIC officials' pay packages and pension. The applicants get absolutely no respect.

If call centre agents cannot provide update on an application unless the ridiculous wait time has passed, then the least CIC can do is maintain an up-to-date online status so people won't bother calling the call centre.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
I just checked the other offices.....It seems CIC is slowing down for the summer! Anyone else notice or heard of this??

I am wondering if they have closed the Mississauga office too :eek:
No there is a scheduled ceremony Sep 3rd.

sid377

Jun 28, 2011
Why is Mississauga Office taking soooooooooooooooo Long.... I have friends whose file got transferred to Scaborough office. Yesterday was his oath. He Applied in October. But thats not the point is. The Point is what is Mississauga office doing. An update to our case which is our right to know. That waiting is killing me........ :mad:

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga and scarborough offices are the biggest citizenship case handling wings of cic

Could be these reasons for mississauga office ,

1. Software problum ,

2. They have changed their working policy ,as do clear old cases instead current cases , put them on hold.

3. Some neccesery chacks and all the procedures has to be done before test and oath right away.

4. Facing Too many applications since jan 2015 because of announcement new rules impletation.

5. ? Somthing eals.

SONIA KHAN

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI ALL,
I WISH MISSISSAUGA OFFICERS WILL SEE THIS PAGE THEN THEY KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN WE ARE SERVIVED..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:WAITING TIME KILLLING US...

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
love bird 43 said:
Mississauga and scarborough offices are the biggest citizenship case handling wings of cic

Could be these reasons for mississauga office ,

1. Software problum ,

2. They have changed their working policy ,as do clear old cases instead current cases , put them on hold.

3. Some neccesery chacks and all the procedures has to be done before test and oath right away.

4. Facing Too many applications since jan 2015 because of announcement new rules impletation.

5. ? Somthing eals.
6. Many of them moved to other offices to help with their performances.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SONIA KHAN said:
HI ALL,
I WISH MISSISSAUGA OFFICERS WILL SEE THIS PAGE THEN THEY KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN WE ARE SERVIVED..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:WAITING TIME KILLLING US...
What kind of pain?

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
trunorth said:
6. Many of them moved to other offices to help with their performances.
Looks like you are true. FINALLY received test date today for July 28, 2015...

Initially i had a 4th line that my file has been transferred to Mississauga office.. this line disappeared couple of weeks and FINALLYi received test date today for July 28..

Interesting point is I have below test address

200 Town Center , Scarborough

Not sure my file again transferred to Scarborough or all Mississauga applicant write exam at this place.

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
vividind said:
Looks like you are true. FINALLY received test date today for July 28, 2015...

Initially i had a 4th line that my file has been transferred to Mississauga office.. this line disappeared couple of weeks and FINALLYi received test date today for July 28..

Interesting point is I have below test address

200 Town Center , Scarborough

Not sure my file again transferred to Scarborough or all Mississauga applicant write exam at this place.
It makes sense now, since all tests have been cancelled at this location as well as Oath Ceremonies, maybe they decided to redirect all Mississauga applicants to other local offices for whatever reasons.

Good luck :)

Karem

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Mainagui said:
It makes sense now, since all tests have been cancelled at this location as well as Oath Ceremonies, maybe they decided to redirect all Mississauga applicants to other local offices for whatever reasons.

Good luck :)
ya I think so, they closed Mississauga office and transferred all files to different offices. hoping that doesn't slow down these offices :D

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think they physically transferred our files. I think officers have an option of scheduling ceremonies anywhere else in the GTA. This is good news for us. It means that our files don't have to wait long to be reviewed by an officer and that the fact that Mississauga office has almost no oath ceremonies/ cancelled all tests does not mean that we will not be scheduled for an oath/ test. Of course, it means that by closing Mississauga for oaths and tests the process of being assigned one will take longer, but it looks like the wait time is being distributed between all GTA applicants

alsabbag

Jan 6, 2014
Well I am not sure they will transfer files soon. I had my test back on June 11th in Mississauga. By then the officer told me to expect the Oath letter in 4-8 weeks. On June 12th, my ecas changed to 'Decision Made' but nothing else since then.

Two days ago, I called CIC and the call centre agent was kind enough to double check and let me know that I shouldn't expect my oath ceremony any time soon. She said that although the decision was made, the team didn't do anything else on my file and it is not yet scheduled for any oath.

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alsabbag said:
Well I am not sure they will transfer files soon. I had my test back on June 11th in Mississauga. By then the officer told me to expect the Oath letter in 4-8 weeks. On June 12th, my ecas changed to 'Decision Made' but nothing else since then.

Two days ago, I called CIC and the call centre agent was kind enough to double check and let me know that I shouldn't expect my oath ceremony any time soon. She said that although the decision was made, the team didn't do anything else on my file and it is not yet scheduled for any oath.
Did she say your application still shows as "in process" in her system? That's what CIC told me. Call center agent said that "decision made" update can simply mean that an officer worked on my file. Once the officer was done, he/she needed to put a status and the only one available to them at this stage was "decision made".

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

There's an Oath ceremony scheduled for September 3rd at Mississauga :eek:

CIC is driving me crazy :-[

So unpredictable!