+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Office Applicants 2014/ 2015

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everybody,

An update of my status is in my signature...

Thank you forum members for the invaluable advice and info throughout the citizenship journey...

Best of luck to all...

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone in Mississauga applicants had his interview in separate room beside the Hall where test is conducted . is there any reason for that or just an additional space

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
JJGGG said:
Anyone in Mississauga applicants had his interview in separate room beside the Hall where test is conducted . is there any reason for that or just an additional space
Just for space

bigleafbride

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Passport Req..
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013
ECAS status changed to Decision Made
Test: Dec 10,2015

Oath: Soon :)

bigleafbride

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Passport Req..
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013
I'm finally scheduled to take the oath next week. Would you guys know how many hours it will take for the whole program?
I need to know so I can make the necessary arrangement at work.

lazxc

Jan 27, 2016
Congratulations bigleafbride!
Has your eCas status been updated to reflect the oath schedule?

bigleafbride said:
I'm finally scheduled to take the oath next week. Would you guys know how many hours it will take for the whole program?
I need to know so I can make the necessary arrangement at work.

ABYKUTTY

Jan 27, 2016
Congrats. I had my ceremony done in just under 90 mins. Reached the CIC office at 8.30am and got out at 10am.

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
I got oath invite notice for 2016/2/3 :)
they wrote : you must bring
1: this notice
2 : 2 pieces of ID
3 :All original documents that you submitted with your cit application including COPR
4: All passports
5: PR card
6: (optional) holy book of your choice

do they check all original at oath ceremony too ?

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The citizenship journey is now over after attending the wonderful citizenship ceremony this morning at Mississauga where around 150 people became proud new Canadians :)
It was great to interact with you all and thank you so much for sharing such useful information that definitely helped a lot in this entire journey, God bless you all and best of luck to all who are waiting in line.

"We were categorically advised today to wait for 2 business days starting Monday and apply for the passport only on Wednesday or after."

Feeling proud today to be a Canadian finally :)

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well, all they check is the ceremony invitation letter, landing paper and the PR card which they will retain since your official ID going forward will be the passport and not the PR card anymore. I did however carry everything once again as it was mentioned in the letter as I never wanted to take a chance and then wait for several months for the next invitation for the ceremony, therefore, it's up to you. I would recommend everyone to follow what's mentioned in the letter to avoid any unexpected delays!

zafari said:
I got oath invite notice for 2016/2/3 :)
they wrote : you must bring
1: this notice
2 : 2 pieces of ID
3 :All original documents that you submitted with your cit application including COPR
4: All passports
5: PR card
6: (optional) holy book of your choice

do they check all original at oath ceremony too ?

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2015 said:
The citizenship journey is now over after attending the wonderful citizenship ceremony this morning at Mississauga where around 150 people became proud new Canadians :)
It was great to interact with you all and thank you so much for sharing such useful information that definitely helped a lot in this entire journey, God bless you all and best of luck to all who are waiting in line.

"We were categorically advised today to wait for 2 business days starting Monday and apply for the passport only on Wednesday or after."

Feeling proud today to be a Canadian finally :)
April,

Congrats!!!

Next step, passports!

We received our passport this week.

All the best,

SFD

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much SFD and yes will apply for the passports on Wednesday - Bingo!

Congrats to you too on getting your passports :)

SFD said:
April,

Congrats!!!

Next step, passports!

We received our passport this week.

All the best,

SFD

coolangy123

Jun 24, 2015
Hi everyone,

I really need your advice. Has someone experienced something like this before?

My mother(homemaker) applied for citizenship in nov 2014 along with my sister (a minor 17 years old) . Failed her first written test at Mississauga in May 2015 and later in September 2015 was invited to write the citizenship test again. She got 18/20(passed) the second test but there was no interview the second time, they just told her that she passed. Now, after four months of waiting, she got a letter stating "Hearing with a citizenship officer", on feb 13 at Scarborough office. Now, my mom is really nervous, she was expecting an oath letter. While she can speak and understand English, she gets really nervous and anxious at interviews. So, sharing your experiences of hearings with a citizenship officer would really help. What kind of questions will they ask her? She never worked, is a homemaker and never left Canada for a single day since we landed here 4 years ago, will that be a problem? Has anyone had a hearing with a citizenship officer before? Please advise!

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

We are scheduled to write the test in Mississauga on Feb 3rd. In the invitation letter, they asked for the original documents that we copied in our applications.

My questions is: is it a good idea to bring more supportive documents like pay stubs, credit card statements, lease contracts, etc. for the officer to check?

Has anyone been asked to provide more documents during or after the interview other that the originals that were copied with the application?

I need your experiences please.

Thank you and wish you all the best.