+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Office Applicants 2014/ 2015

sid377

Jun 28, 2011
Hi Guys,

Question I am scheduled for interview this Friday at Scarbourough office. I have applied for my family including 2 boys age 8 & 5. Do I need to take them as well for test/interview. If not what documents should I take besides all those I have submitted with my application.

Thanks for reply.

SONIA KHAN

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I DID TEST YESTERDAY.... ITS REALLY HARD BUT I GOT 19/20 JUST BECAUSE I TOOK CITIZENSHIP CLASSES....... AND ALSO ITS VERY EASY INTERVIEW FEW QUESTION SHE WILL ASK ME ABOUT MYSELF AND THEN SHE SAID WAIT FOR THE OATH...... INITIALLY MY FILE WAS TRANSFERED TO MISSISSAUGA OFFICE BUT MY TEST WAS SCHEDULE IN SCARBOROUGH OFFICE.NOW WAITING FOR OATH................. IS ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH WAITING TIME AFTER TEST IN SCARBOROUGH? :)

Sonia08

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
SONIA KHAN said:
I DID TEST YESTERDAY.... ITS REALLY HARD BUT I GOT 19/20 JUST BECAUSE I TOOK CITIZENSHIP CLASSES....... AND ALSO ITS VERY EASY INTERVIEW FEW QUESTION SHE WILL ASK ME ABOUT MYSELF AND THEN SHE SAID WAIT FOR THE OATH...... INITIALLY MY FILE WAS TRANSFERED TO MISSISSAUGA OFFICE BUT MY TEST WAS SCHEDULE IN SCARBOROUGH OFFICE.NOW WAITING FOR OATH................. IS ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH WAITING TIME AFTER TEST IN SCARBOROUGH? :)
Congratulations. I have read that the oat at Scarborough could take upto 3 months.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
SONIA KHAN said:
First up Congrats on passing the test. The thread linked below will give you can idea and link you to people who gave test in Scarborough office and are waiting on oath.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/scarborough-office-timeline-after-test-t266529.0.html

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's been 12 weeks since I've passed the test, and nothing! no letter, no "Decision Made", not even RQ.
What the hell is going on with Mississauga office ? and why does the CIC website say that people who applied after April 2015 have to wait less than people who applied before ?

AhsanEjaz

Aug 20, 2015
1) Appeared for citizenship test on Aug 12th, 2015 at 12:45pm - Mississauga Glen Erin Office
2) Test took 3 minutes to complete, 18/20 - passed. Please do read the book few times.
3) Interview took 10mins, the officer was really nice. she checked the original documents (PR card, DL, health Card) and made copies.
4) She checked some notes on my file and said since everything looks ok, we don't have to send your file to CJ and that she will have to take a decision. Also, she said if she has some questions she will call me otherwise I will get oath invitation within a month.
5) Still waiting to receive a letter.

If someone gave the test on the same date please provide an update on your status.

Thanks.

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
It's been 12 weeks since I've passed the test, and nothing! no letter, no "Decision Made", not even RQ.
What the hell is going on with Mississauga office ? and why does the CIC website say that people who applied after April 2015 have to wait less than people who applied before ?
GTA offices have been clogged lately but fortunately it's easing up now. Expect good news soon...

SQMSG

Aug 22, 2015
I know the oath date based on online status. No letter can I still attend oath

My application status shows online they have sent oath letter and with the oath date. Can I still attend the oath ceremony based on online date.

I did not get the oath letter though.
My address was changed recently which shows correctly on the online application.

With the printout of the online status can I still attend the oath ceremony please suggest who had experience such situation,

Oath date is next few days.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: I know the oath date based on online status. No letter can I still attend oath

SQMSG said:
My application status shows online they have sent oath letter and with the oath date. Can I still attend the oath ceremony based on online date.

My address was changed recently which shows correctly on the online application.

With the printout of the online status can I still attend the oath ceremony please suggest who had experience such situation,

Yes, of course.

Sonia08

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Re: I know the oath date based on online status. No letter can I still attend oath

SQMSG said:

Hi, I don't see you on the worksheet. What's your timeline? Just trying to assess the timing of my test date.
Thanks.

demirtash

Jan 8, 2015
Hi All,

I have a similar timeline with a lot of people who had their test scheduled already but I don't have any update yet. Should I be worried, do you think should I contact CIC ?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 12, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 28, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 21, 2015.

Thanks

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
I'm honestly running out of patience, I know few people who applied in May 2015 and were already called in for the test, I haven't had any movement in my file since March and the last I heard from them was in April requesting fingerprints.
I understand my application is "non-routine" now, but I don't think I can handle this waiting game for "up to 36 months"

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mainagui said:
I'm honestly running out of patience, I know few people who applied in May 2015 and were already called in for the test, I haven't had any movement in my file since March and the last I heard from them was in April requesting fingerprints.
I understand my application is "non-routine" now, but I don't think I can handle this waiting game for "up to 36 months"
Mainaqui,

I hear you! What I do not understand is the fact that one of the main reasons for the fee increase last 2014 was to speed up process. And yes, 2015 applicants are seeing their cases going very fast which is the way it ought to be...

Anyways, there is nothing we can do but wait. Patience...

All the best,

SFD

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
SFD said:
Mainaqui,

I hear you! What I do not understand is the fact that one of the main reasons for the fee increase last 2014 was to speed up process. And yes, 2015 applicants are seeing their cases going very fast which is the way it ought to be...

Anyways, there is nothing we can do but wait. Patience...

All the best,

SFD
Yes unfortunately there's nothing to be done, but the fact that I cancelled my summer vacation plans because I didn't want to miss the test invitation is frustrating, now I've another plan to go home for the Christmas, I think I'll have to cancel that too, there's no way I'm going to reschedule my test after waiting all that time.

I spoke to my MP about a month ago and he was in denial he was like no its less than a year and I don't think that anyone's process is actually going faster.. We literally paid 4X times the fees hoping that it will be faster.

Now I guess I have to renew my PR which expires in February 2016 (thats another lump sum of money to be paid in translations and applying...)

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mainaqui,

As much as I don't want to think of, there is a possibility our cases may go all the way until March 2016... Awkward eh?

Nevertheless, let's keep having faith... We are almost there...

SFD