+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga, citizenship test Feb. 6, 4 pm session...

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Let's look at it this way: from the 3 of us, no-one has been RQd so far.
It will be 4 weeks on thursday, far longer than other members who did not get the oath invitation on the spot.
Let's see if this is our week...

pg2181

Feb 28, 2014
It's almost 1 month now...still no oath letter...is there any other way to find out about it?

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
You can call them up and see what they say.
But the 3 of us are on the same pattern.
My ecas is the same, no update.
They must be digging like crazy, making sure everything checks out...
Patience does it.
We were patient during the PR process which in my case took longer than this.
And at the same time I'm prepared to do the full monty just in case I get slapped with an RQ.
Sooner or later, that citizenship is mine.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
I see a lot of movement in the threads, but nothing for Mississauga with us waiting for the oath letter.
One thing is for sure, we were the only ones on that day to not get the oath invitation right on the spot. Everyone else before and after, bingo.

deepti

Jan 14, 2009
wayne_vega said:
I see a lot of movement in the threads, but nothing for Mississauga with us waiting for the oath letter.
One this is for sure, we were the only ones on that day to not get the oath invitation right on the spot. Everyone else before and after, bingo.
Its seems we are in the file somewhere,later or sooner we will get some response,hope for the best...

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
It would be awesome if one of us (at least) gets something in the mail tomorrow, end of the week.
Best of luck!

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
No letter or ecas update.

Since people are getting oath letters left and right all across the forum and mail delivery being inconsistent lately in my neighbourhood, I decided to give CIC a call for the first time ever.
After being on hold for 10 minutes, an agent answered and sounded very professional (meaning he knew what he was doing). He put me on hold for a few minutes after verifying my identity and came back with a congratulatory phrase regarding having passed the test (which I knew already, right?). He also said that he didn't see anything else on my file, that it's on queue for the oath ceremony.

Well, at least he didn't say there's an RQ your way.

deepti

Jan 14, 2009
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 24, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 24, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 28, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 20, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 6, 2014 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on March 6, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 22, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Congrats, deepti!!!!!!!!!!...
Could we be next then, pg?.
I was the first one who finished the test that day, by the way...
Second to be called for the interview...
Means nothing, after all.

deepti

Jan 14, 2009
wayne_vega said:
Congrats, deepti!!!!!!!!!!...
Could we be next then, pg?.
I was the first one who finished the test that day, by the way...
Second to be called for the interview...
Means nothing, after all.

Thanx...dont worry you will get soon