+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Slavo

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Is it normal to get an FP request after they send you the test invite? I have my test next week and got an FP request today. The last time I called the helpline, they told me that all the checks are complete. Wondering if this is normal.
with immigration everything is normal sometime the change the case from decision made to inprocess during the process . i have my friend they changed his case from approved to inprogress to verify something during visitor visa processing .

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Is it normal to get an FP request after they send you the test invite? I have my test next week and got an FP request today. The last time I called the helpline, they told me that all the checks are complete. Wondering if this is normal.
Maybe they got a hit with someone who have the same name as you,asked for the call centre people sometimes I believe they will say anything to get people off the phone.

abidsunny

May 7, 2012
Mississauga
Hi Everyone!!

Today i received my test date via Email and its on Aug 30 at Scarborough office.

Note: the moment i finish/complete my IRCC survey which i received that email today and i received test invitation exact after 1 hour.
But i dont think its related to that but it happen :) cheers.
Wish you all good luck!!!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi Everyone!!

Today i received my test date via Email and its on Aug 30 at Scarborough office.

Note: the moment i finish/complete my IRCC survey which i received that email today and i received test invitation exact after 1 hour.
But i dont think its related to that but it happen :) cheers.
Wish you all good luck!!!
I did this survey a few weeks ago... nothing happened after that
after seeing your post I went back to that email and tried to do the survey again, but it wouldn't let me LOL

abidsunny

May 7, 2012
Mississauga
Sent on Oct 12 and IP since Dec 09....
its on the way bro..don't worry
Basically all depend on background check. once its done you will get your next step, because i called to cic office a week ago and agent told me that my background check is completed and you will get your test invitation soon.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hello Brothers & Sisters,

Is there considerable progress in Mississauga office in last 15 days?
What is going on?

Please share your valuable inputs.

Thanks & Regards

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
its on the way bro..don't worry
Basically all depend on background check. once its done you will get your next step, because i called to cic office a week ago and agent told me that my background check is completed and you will get your test invitation soon.
congrats. How do you I know if my background check finished? I am IP since Jan 9th, 2018 and no test invitation yet. Can I call and ask directly about my background check? Thanks

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

What is going on?

Thanks & Regards
By ‘considerable progress ‘ did you mean about 3-5 people received updates ? Then yes lol

Reactions: AHHA121

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017

What is going on?

Thanks & Regards
Yeah, you will hear from them soon for sure. As long as you're not me or a few others here with stagnant October applications that are invisible to IRCC then you're fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiceIsland

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
I suspect my identity has been stolen by drug dealers or human traffickers, that's why they spend so much time on my case.... maybe they are too busy working with FBI and Interpol to find more evidence to arrest me.
Please go to the police and lodge a complaint - identity theft is serious - I had mine stolen in 2009 and got my bank account frozen lost $18000 because of that.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I just looked at the IRCC website for oath ceremony schedules - it shows Scarborough doesn't have any scheduled for the month of August, and Mississauga has it almost everyday Mon-Fri, sometimes twice a day. It seems like the rumor that 'Nov submissions are moved to Scarborough for test while Mississauga focuses on oath' is true -- in that case, we Oct applicants just got double screwed again, will probably not get the test invite while watching Nov applicants finishing test and moving back to Mississauga for oath...