Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Timeline as follows: Applied on October 31, AOR - Dec 20, In Process - Dec 29, Test - July 5, DM - July 6

Great. Yay

mweiner

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Timeline as follows: Applied on October 31, AOR - Dec 20, In Process - Dec 29, Test - July 5, DM - July 6
Congratulations!
When were you invited for the test? How many days between test invite and the actual test?
Secondly, did you receive update through email / ECAS or through Canada Post?

Thank you,

MW

fkam

Jun 20, 2018
Thank you. I received the invitation on June 14. It was updated on E-cas and I also received it in the mail.

Reactions: mweiner

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
No new invites from Mississauga in last couple of weeks. I just dont understand ircc strategy in clearing Oct backlog. Or they are sending invites, but none are in the forum.

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
No new invites from Mississauga in last couple of weeks. I just dont understand ircc strategy in clearing Oct backlog. Or they are sending invites, but none are in the forum.
I think bill C-6 really increased applications dramatically, making it very hard for processing offices to finalize applications fast.
I waited 4 years to apply because of the previous conservative party immigration bill. Now, the Liberal party Bill C-6 made those who entered Canada 1 year after me applying to the citizenship with same time as me.
I think Canadian poltical parties shouldn't be allowed to play with immgration laws like this and the system should be more independent thus more stable and smooth.
Additionally, GTA suffers from Refugees crisis as over 4000 of refugees are now occupying emergency shelters and hotels, so I just imagine the amount of applications now in these processing offices!
https://torontosun.com/news/national/editorial-trudeau-city-hall-caused-refugee-crisis

At least they should provide those who was effected in the pervious 4 years immgration act with extra year on the PR, since the PR card is designed for 3 years waiting time. Now my PR is expired because of this long time waiting.

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I think bill C-6 really increased applications dramatically, making it very hard for processing offices to finalize applications fast.

... since the PR card is designed for 3 years waiting time. Now my PR is expired because of this long time waiting.
You could apply for a renewal of your PR card.

The Mississauga/Scarborough offices appear to be dealing with a huge number of applicants for sure. I do not have any stats to back this assertion, but if you look at the number of scheduled Oath Ceremonies, Mississauga has got 3/4 dates per week for the next 4 weeks. While other cities schedule like 2 or 3 per month.

Reactions: mweiner

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
You could apply for a renewal of your PR card.

The Mississauga/Scarborough offices appear to be dealing with a huge number of applicants for sure. I do not have any stats to back this assertion, but if you look at the number of scheduled Oath Ceremonies, Mississauga has got 3/4 dates per week for the next 4 weeks. While other cities schedule like 2 or 3 per month.
Good information!