+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Ontario150

Jul 5, 2017
Congrats! if you don't mind, could you pls share your test/interview experience?
I took a test together with about 50 people. Whoever come with other family member will be asked to sit separately in the testing room. The test was pretty easy with 50% questions you can guess. However passing mark is 75% so you have to read and memorize the Canada Discovering book. I combined both reading book and doing free online quizzs at Apnatoronto and Richmond Library so that I can remember them in detail especially Canadian History. I give you an example of history question "what is the outcome of the war 1812?". I grew up in another country if I don't study I don't know what that battle is.

As for the interview, the judger checked my Passport, PR card, Landing paper, Driver license, Health Card and my English proof. You should bring the original and a clear photocopy of each document. Interview is about 10 minutes I just talk about myself while she filled in the form. Sometimes she stopped me and ask a question like you are renting or owning the house, what is the source of money you used to down payment for the house. I think that before the interview you should prepare a speech about yourself. By this way you can lead the judger to the topic you want to say. She checked the stamp one by one on my passport in comparison with my declaration in the application form. Then all done!

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Ecas updated that the oath letter sent to my home on Jun 22 to invite me to appear and take the oath of citizenship on July 26, 2018
Congrats.

Reactions: Ontario150

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Ecas updated that the oath letter sent to my home on Jun 22 to invite me to appear and take the oath of citizenship on July 26, 2018
Congratulations.

This kinda lends credence to the theory that Mississauga likes to complete all checks before the test invite so once the tests are completed, the decision is made quickly.

Reactions: Ontario150

Montrealappl

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2146 & 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jul-2013
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Guys need help,
Do they ask for 'Record of Landing / Confirmation of Permanent residence' document for writing test or oath ceremony?
I do not have it and do not remember if i got it when we landed.

Thanks

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Guys need help,
Do they ask for 'Record of Landing / Confirmation of Permanent residence' document for writing test or oath ceremony?
I do not have it and do not remember if i got it when we landed.

Thanks
No they dont. But its better to carry if when you go for Interview and you dont need it during oath ceremony. You have to retain it as you will need it in future when you apply for old age benefits.

You cannot complete the landing procedure without COPR. So you should have it.

Marvin101

Oct 3, 2017
My updated timeline below:

Application sent: Oct 3
Application received: Oct 6
AOR: Nov 2
IN process: Nov 22
Test: May 31
Decision Made: June 21
Oath invite June 22
Oath: July 26

Hope the best for all.

xyz_123

Jun 26, 2018
Am a silent observer so far on this forum. This is my timeline.

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.

2) We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 15, 2017.

3) We started processing your application on December 4, 2017.

4) We sent you a notice on April 25, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 30, 2018 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5) We sent you a notice on June 22, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Congratulations.

This kinda lends credence to the theory that Mississauga likes to complete all checks before the test invite so once the tests are completed, the decision is made quickly.
True , someone i know got oath letter within 6 days of test, oath done in 2 weeks after that. From uncertainty of test to citizenship within 5 weeks

waakio

Nov 1, 2014
Hi guys, I am concerned about my application.

Took test yesterday at Mississauga. The interview officer seemed to be confused about my tax stuff since I am a freelancer. From the spreadsheet, I noticed many Mississauga applicants got DM the next day after test. But my ecas status didn't change. I feel that's not a good sign....

Marvin101

Oct 3, 2017
Hi guys, I am concerned about my application.

Took test yesterday at Mississauga. The interview officer seemed to be confused about my tax stuff since I am a freelancer. From the spreadsheet, I noticed many Mississauga applicants got DM the next day after test. But my ecas status didn't change. I feel that's not a good sign....
Don't worry, my ecas took 3 weeks to update despite the Officer confirming that my file is complete and I will be receiving oath invite for a July ceremony. The decision made was relatively delayed but the oath invite came the next day after decision made.

One thing you can do if you still didn't get DM in the next few days, call the contact centre and ask if the assessments on your file have been updated on the ecas.

Nouzan

May 15, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Hi guys..
I submitted my application on october 23 and My application is in process since january 4.as i can see that many of mississauga people are facing the same timeframe like me, i tried calling CIC numerous times but they are not accepting calls due to high volume .How do u people call and get a hold..any othee option or best time?