App sent:Nov. 7
App received: Nov 8,2017
App type: Family
Physical presence: 1555 days
AOR: Still waiting...

Cheers,
Lance..
This is definitely doesn't sound normal, however there are 3 probabilities;
1. The application was returned to your cousin (if the app uncompleted) and it might be lost in mail. Thus, your cousin didn't receive the return shipment in the mail.
2. The Sydney Office didn't receive the application or it gots lost during processing there.
3. The 3rd case is CIC might forgots to updates your cousin's account or the email of AOR didn't send to right email address or it could be in spam folder.

Your cousin needs to go to( check my application status website ) and choice Receipt number ( IMM 5401) as an identification type ( this number is the citizenship payment receipt number) and see if the application information is online.

Last edited:

Humber2014

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
13-03-2015
Med's Done....
Rec'd 28-04-2015
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2015
Received my Canadian passport today. It took 1 week to process :)

I guess this is now the end of the road for me. I have waited 13 years for this day.

Good luck to everyone on their journey to becoming a Canadian!

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
This is definitely doesn't sound normal, however there are 3 probabilities;
1. The application was returned to your cousin (if the app uncompleted) and it might be lost in mail. Thus, your cousin didn't receive the return shipment in the mail.
2. The Sydney Office didn't receive the application or it gots lost during processing there.
3. The 3rd case is CIC might forgots to updates your cousin's account or the email of AOR didn't send to right email address or it could be in spam folder.

Your cousin needs to go to( check my application status website ) and choice Receipt number ( IMM 5401) as an identification type ( this number is the citizenship payment receipt number) and see if the application information is online.

No, As per Call Centre - Mississauga has the file - waiting on test invite - Guess what - everything is wierd...

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Received my Canadian passport today. It took 1 week to process :)

I guess this is now the end of the road for me. I have waited 13 years for this day.

Good luck to everyone on their journey to becoming a Canadian!
Great. Heartiest Congratulations :)

Reactions: Humber2014

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013

No, As per Call Centre - Mississauga has the file - waiting on test invite - Guess what - everything is wierd...
Really dont understand abt the wait time ... my file is in process since Nov 22nd ... and they have all records about our status in canada as permanent resident... and now at the same time these people provide PR in 4 months ....

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Mississauga applicant here .I live in Mississauga
I applied on Aug 11 ,2017
They transfer my file to Scharbroug..I did the test at Scarborough on Feb 5,2018
Then they transfer my file back to Mississauga...on May 8,2018
Till now still waiting

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
  1. I attended the interview today atthe Mississauga office. The personinterviewing me was very to thepoint and did not spend time in any casual talk. She looked at mypassport, insisted on seeing mydriver's license and my health card and then proceeded to go throughall the stamps on my passport and correlated that with the residencecalculator. I have had a lot of travel in the last several years and much of it has been to the United States, using the Nexus card. She mentioned that they would need to run another check, which she pronounced as 'ICES' and would get back to me.
    She also made me sign a form, which she filled out for me, ticking off a whole lot of Yes and one No. I felt pressurized to sign and form and didn't look carefully at what I was signing. Need to know if anyone else had the same experience. Thanks in advance.

css2011

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
  1. I attended the interview today atthe Mississauga office. The personinterviewing me was very to thepoint and did not spend time in any casual talk. She looked at mypassport, insisted on seeing mydriver's license and my health card and then proceeded to go throughall the stamps on my passport and correlated that with the residencecalculator. I have had a lot of travel in the last several years and much of it has been to the United States, using the Nexus card. She mentioned that they would need to run another check, which she pronounced as 'ICES' and would get back to me.
    She also made me sign a form, which she filled out for me, ticking off a whole lot of Yes and one No. I felt pressurized to sign and form and didn't look carefully at what I was signing. Need to know if anyone else had the same experience. Thanks in advance.
When did your file go in process ?

gommi

Oct 17, 2017
Which section says it was transferred on 20th Jan? Do you think security is a factor in this delay?
Couldn't reply in time as i was away....There are 2 sections(Paper file & History) in the report where you can find dates when the files was moved to Local office.
And , I don't think security is factor for delay..It seems 'Prohibition Assessment' is causing for the delay...I could be wrong :) ...

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
When did your file go in process ?
My file went into processing on the 8th January 2018.
they had an FP request, for which I received the notice at the beginning of February 2018. Sent my fingerprints, then received a notice to Appear on the 2nd of May, could not appear on the 29th of May and hence requested a new date, which was today.
Any feedback on the form that I had to sign at the end of the interview?

css2011

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
My file went into processing on the 8th January 2018.
they had an FP request, for which I received the notice at the beginning of February 2018. Sent my fingerprints, then received a notice to Appear on the 2nd of May, could not appear on the 29th of May and hence requested a new date, which was today.
Any feedback on the form that I had to sign at the end of the interview?
I haven't done that process, so I am not sure about it.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Mississauga applicant here .I live in Mississauga
I applied on Aug 11 ,2017
They transfer my file to Scharbroug..I did the test at Scarborough on Feb 5,2018
Then they transfer my file back to Mississauga...on May 8,2018
Till now still waiting
I am august also did test interview in Scarborough and my file was also transfer on May 8.I don’t understand why transfer my file when I live in Scarborough so messed up.

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
I am august also did test interview in Scarborough and my file was also transfer on May 8.I don’t understand why transfer my file when I live in Scarborough so messed up.
These kind of screw ups (transfer from one office to another) shows gross incompetence and wastage of govt funds.