+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

ronmcguire3425

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Got my oath done on 24th, ecas status complete. Finally, end of the tunnel. All these months have been very stressful and frustrating. But finally its over now. Thanks to all of you, and I wish you guys all the best.

Oath letter: April 25th
Oath date: May 24th

Reactions: Mrva21

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Aps sent Nov 17
Recd Nov 20
AOR Jan 6
IP Jan 22
FP May 25

They wait after all this months to send me finger print
When I talked to the agent she said there is no particular order for the checks and that's why some get a test invite (knowledge check) sooner and some later, so possibly they could've completed any or all of the checks before reaching the criminality check.

Londonqtr

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
4131- 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 09
Doc's Request.
May - 09
AOR Received.
Oct - 09
IELTS Request
Done my Ielts in Sept. and Sent after 120 days.
File Transfer...
Oct - 09
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
15-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
Landed and Got the PR
I called IRCC yesterday, after the wait time of more then 40 min, A lady picked up my phone and she was very humble, after the inquiry about my application she said, all is complete but they have forwarded my application to Mississauga office. I live in Markham, and test was in Scarborough. My test date was 18 Jan 2018.

Anyone else faced the same situation? Please reply.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
I called IRCC yesterday, after the wait time of more then 40 min, A lady picked up my phone and she was very humble, after the inquiry about my application she said, all is complete but they have forwarded my application to Mississauga office. I live in Markham, and test was in Scarborough. My test date was 18 Jan 2018.

At least you did the test, something many of us haven't experienced. Don't worry I bet they'll finish you first before the Mississauga applicants, we're very low priority to them.

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Someone i know who sent application in August 17 (before c6), wrote exam in Sauga on May 9th and now got oath letter for June 4rth.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
At least you did the test, something many of us haven't experienced. Don't worry I bet they'll finish you first before the Mississauga applicants, we're very low priority to them.
Too bad ... I was looking forward to voting in the Ontario election next month , that doesn’t seem possible now

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Too bad ... I was looking forward to voting in the Ontario election next month , that doesn’t seem possible now
Me too. The citizenship requirement for elections doesn't make sense to me. Permanent residents should be allowed to vote especially that the decision people who are elected make will affect them. Ironic that it's ok to pay taxes and pay for their salaries but it's not ok to vote for them!

Last edited:
Reactions: mweiner and dkmemon

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018

It was on eCASE (your online account acess)?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Me too. The citizenship requirement for elections doesn't make sense to me. Permanent residents should be allowed to vote especially that the decision people who are elected make will affect them. Ironic that it's ok to pay taxes and pay for their salaries but it's not ok to vote for them!
I don't get your rationale. As PR we are simply long-term "guests". So, if we choose to live here, we have to pay taxes. Imagine a PR (guests) become a MP or Prime Minister, it's like allowing a guest (at your house) to start making decision for you.

Do you know any country (rich or poor) were they will allow PRs to (vote) determine the future of their country?

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I don't get your rationale. As PR we are simply long-term "guests". So, if we choose to live here, we have to pay taxes. Imagine a PR (guests) become a MP or Prime Minister, it's like allowing a guest (at your house) to start making decision for you.

Do you know any country (rich or poor) were they will allow PRs to (vote) determine the future of their country?
Yes in United Kingdom, even International students are allowed to vote.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Been in the process since Dec 1, 2017, without any test date. I'm in Mississauga office as well.

I guess many are in the same boat as me. I was told by the agent that its still under background check. Ordered my notes 50 days ago, no reply also.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017

The very word "permanent" means you made this country your permanent home, so you are not a guest. I am not advocating for PRs to hold office, however, they should have a voice in deciding the people who impact their lives.

To answer your question:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_foreigners_to_vote

Last edited:

mweiner

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018

You don't charge room rent (taxes) from guests, do you? :D