Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Hello,

Having read all posts about the overloaded Mississauga office and the consequent delay Mississauga applicants are facing, may I choose to directly apply to the Scarborough office when my time comes to apply?

I am from Mississauga and I will be eligible to apply in early January next year (2019).

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
... says you became citizen on March 28, 2018.

Wow. Must have been a wonderful feeling to read a line like that.. Did you read over and over again..?

Reactions: elie72

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello,

Having read all posts about the overloaded Mississauga office and the consequent delay Mississauga applicants are facing, may I choose to directly apply to the Scarborough office when my time comes to apply?

I am from Mississauga and I will be eligible to apply in early January next year (2019).
No, it doesn't work like that. You can't choose the office, it's assigned by IRCC

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello,

No, it doesn't work like that. You can't choose the office, it's assigned by IRCC
I would add to that... Be careful what you wish for..

Godsfavoured

Oct 13, 2017
Took the test this morning. Got 20/20.
The whole process was about 2 hours. Test was scheduled for 7:45am but didn’t start the actually test till about 8:30am.
The test was pretty straight forward especially if you read the book and take some online quizzes. Personally I read the book twice and did a lot of quizzes.
We had to wait to be called for the interview. I believe you were being called based on when you submitted your test script. First set of people who finished early got interviewed first. They had 4 citizenship officers conducting the interview.

My interview was about 5 mins, she asked for my passport, drivers license, COPR, and PR card. She had a copy of my cbsa ices report which she had checked against my physical presence form before calling me up. She mentioned she was going to do a random check with my passport. She actually just checked 1 stamp.

She verified my original docs and confirmed my Email and residential address, asked who I stay with, if I own or rent the property. Where I work? And what role?

She mentioned that I applied for my son as well. Asked what school he goes. And said she sees he is under 14 but it will be a good experience for him to attend the oath ceremony with me because he is old enough to remember it.

She said all was good and I should expect oath within the next 2 months in the mail or email.

Very pleasant lady. It was a good experience. Hoping to get DM and Oath soon.

Good luck to the everyone else waiting.

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
The whole process was about 2 hours. Test was scheduled for 7:45am but didn’t start the actually test till about 8:30am.
The test was pretty straight forward especially if you read the book and take some online quizzes. Personally I read the book twice and did a lot of quizzes.
We had to wait to be called for the interview. I believe you were being called based on when you submitted your test script. First set of people who finished early got interviewed first. They had 4 citizenship officers conducting the interview.

My interview was about 5 mins, she asked for my passport, drivers license, COPR, and PR card. She had a copy of my cbsa ices report which she had checked against my physical presence form before calling me up. She mentioned she was going to do a random check with my passport. She actually just checked 1 stamp.

She verified my original docs and confirmed my Email and residential address, asked who I stay with, if I own or rent the property. Where I work? And what role?

She mentioned that I applied for my son as well. Asked what school he goes. And said she sees he is under 14 but it will be a good experience for him to attend the oath ceremony with me because he is old enough to remember it.

She said all was good and I should expect oath within the next 2 months in the mail or email.

Quite inspirational and insightful writing. Of that, this is the jewel: "The test was pretty straight forward especially if you read the book and take some online quizzes. Personally I read the book twice and did a lot of quizzes."

However, I was under the impression that an interview would be asked for if a candidate barely passed and/or there were issues with submitted documents and/or discrepancies such as dates of exit from or entry to Canada.

css2011

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017

Are you from Mississauga and when did you go in process ?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Quite inspirational and insightful writing. Of that, this is the jewel: "The test was pretty straight forward especially if you read the book and take some online quizzes. Personally I read the book twice and did a lot of quizzes."

However, I was under the impression that an interview would be asked for if a candidate barely passed and/or there were issues with submitted documents and/or discrepancies such as dates of exit from or entry to Canada.
Everyone eligible for interview is met with and interviewed. My 'interview' was simply an ID check and 1 question about who I lived with. There was no checking of passport stamps - only opened my current passport and looked at my bio page.
I know some interviews can take longer if the applicant is not a native English or French speaker but that is not a consistent situation.
Furthermore, a pass on the test is a pass. It does not matter whether you scored 15 or 20. You passed.

Reactions: mcgyver

glob

Oct 6, 2017
Just received my GCMS notes.
My application has been in process since the beginning of December.
I was hoping to see some updates in GCMS, but there is nothing there. Paper file status is "in transit" to Mississauga. They did some clearances in CPP Sydney, but a bunch of other ones are still pending. Looks like they haven't even opened the file in Mississauga...
P.S. application was sent on October 11th

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Are you from Mississauga and when did you go in process ?
I
Just received my GCMS notes.
My application has been in process since the beginning of December.
I was hoping to see some updates in GCMS, but there is nothing there. Paper file status is "in transit" to Mississauga. They did some clearances in CPP Sydney, but a bunch of other ones are still pending. Looks like they haven't even opened the file in Mississauga...
P.S. application was sent on October 11th
Almost exactly the same as mine ... I applied from Toronto though, and my secondary office is shown to be Mississauga

Also, from the online spreadsheet, out of 69 Toronto applicants from Oct, only 1 got test invitation, while almost everybody applied from Scarborough had got it, and half of people applied from Mississauga got it... Toronto is the worst...

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I

Almost exactly the same as mine ... I applied from Toronto though, and my secondary office is shown to be Mississauga

Also, from the online spreadsheet, out of 69 Toronto applicants from Oct, only 1 got test invitation, while almost everybody applied from Scarborough had got it, and half of people applied from Mississauga got it... Toronto is the worst...
Toronto is a bit of a misnomer. They will be doing test and/or oath at either Scarborough or Mississauga. (with the odd exception of oath at a Toronto facility.)