+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

High park

Nov 16, 2016
So does anyone know the average processing time in the Mississauga office post C6? I've seen some people note 7-8 months -- is that inclusive of time the application was in Sydney, or are you counting 7-8 months from the date it reached the Mississauga office? If the answer is the latter, how do you know your application has reached the Mississauga office?

Called CIC today and learnt that my application is in transit and that the processing office is Mississauga (despite there being one much closer to my home in Etobicoke)

Anyhoo, thought I'd add my info here as well
- App Sent: January 2nd
- App Received: January 4th
- AOR: Feb 12th
- In Process: March 11th

Hoping for speedy processing!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Had my oath today.
8 months of waiting, stressed and countless sleepless nights.. Finally to an end.
Heard mississauga office is slow.. But from their point of view, they cover majority of gta area. But now all well that ends well.
Will apply for passport soon.
Thank you everyone.
And all those who r waiting. You will soon be done.

AnkitaD

Oct 6, 2017
I just want to nag a bit.
I sent my file to Sydney on 11-Oct-2017. Received on 12-Oct-2017, IN Process on 14-November at Mississauga Office and since then nothing!!!
My friend sent her file on 05-Nov-2017, Received two days later, Also Mississauga Office and She is doing the test today!!, How is that Possible :(
There is no answer to your question. Only Almight knows .....

My application reached on Oct 13. I am such a fool, sent in express courier was thinking to beat the huge number of applications planed for 14th Oct wknd. From Mid of Nov my status showing "Application Received " ok I assume this is the only status possible ......

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Called cic yesterday. It is in transit to Mississauga office. I got the same answer back in Nov when my file was in process. Exactly 5 months since they received my application. She told me background check is done, but sometimes local office requests another round .

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
I am in IP since Dec 28th will complete 3 months after IP next week - this is crazy I also heard that the wait for Oath is in months after test and DM.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Called cic yesterday. It is in transit to Mississauga office. I got the same answer back in Nov when my file was in process. Exactly 5 months since they received my application. She told me background check is done, but sometimes local office requests another round .
strange! I got the same answer too that my application is in transit hasn't reached the office yet.

Slavo

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Is there any way to get more information about my file other than contact cic call center even if they charge for it?

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Is there any way to put more pressure on Mississauga office for application progress?
Looks like people are waiting since November in IP status ...this is beyond frustrations. We are in IP since Feb 6th. I really don't see any progress for Mississauga applicants !!! Saw comments about long waiting from DM to Oath too!! Good luck to all of us.

glob

Oct 6, 2017
Called them an hour ago.
ECAS shows "IN PROCESS" since December 8, 2017.

They said they did the background check and I will be receiving an update from the Mississauga office soon regarding the next steps.
The agent was very "robotic" - repeating standard phrases - and it was pretty hard to extract any useful information from her.

Anyway, it seems like it's finally moving. Last time I called (two weeks ago) they said the application was still in transfer from Sydney.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
strange! I got the same answer too that my application is in transit hasn't reached the office yet.
Same answer ... it’s strange how long this ‘transit’ can take , even if they drive a truck from Sydney to Toronto, a week would be more than enough ... and why can’t they just scan everything and transfer the files electronically? That would have saved a lot of time and money

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Same answer ... it’s strange how long this ‘transit’ can take , even if they drive a truck from Sydney to Toronto, a week would be more than enough ... and why can’t they just scan everything and transfer the files electronically? That would have saved a lot of time and money
It's definitely electronic transit of applications from Sydney to Local office. But they're on queue and local office won't process them until older ones are finalized

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
It's definitely electronic transit of applications from Sydney to Local office. But they're on queue and local office won't process them until older ones are finalized
It's possible but it doesn't explain why some newer applications in the queue are processed before older ones.Take a look at the tracker, there's absolutely no logic in the processing times.One theory I have is that there are multiple queues, with each queue assigned to one officer and maybe some officers clear their queues faster than others.

Last edited: