+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I received my gcms notes again. Last time my Location had said "e-grant PM 01" but the newest one says "Location: E-Grant DF".

What does that mean?
I have the same as my location. I don't know what it means, and I don't think anyone does. I searched on many threads and noone knows what this means. What is your status? I'm stuck on prohibitions (language and physical presence done), test and background check completed.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I have the same as my location. I don't know what it means, and I don't think anyone does. I searched on many threads and noone knows what this means. What is your status? I'm stuck on prohibitions (language and physical presence done), test and background check completed.
Same stuck on LPP for 5 months now. Are you a group or single applicant?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I'm a single applicant. Don't have a single speeding or parking ticket, so nothing to prevent me from becoming a citizen under prohibitions.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
LPP as a whole or just prohibitions like me? I mean I don't count myself as stuck, but considering how fast the July 2023 applicants moved forward, mine is definitely lagging behind.
LPP as a whole. Only completed test and BG. I'm a May applicant so it's definitely ageing with IRCC. I see applications submitted in Oct getting oath dates within a 1-2 months.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Finally saw some movement and sharing latest update. I don't know if I'll get the oath invite from Scarborough or Mississauga so lets see!

Online Group application

Application #1:
Office: Scarborough and then moved to Mississauga
AOR: May 31st 2023
BG: Jun 28
Test : Jul 17
LPP: Nov 30 (online tracker updated Dec 2nd)
Oath: pending invite

Application #2:
Office: Scarborough and then moved to Mississauga
AOR: May 31st 2023
Fingerprint request: Jul 4
Fingerprint received: Jul 19
BG: in progress
Test : in progress
LPP: in progress
Oath: pending

The 2nd application became non-routine due to fingerprint request whereas the first one was standard. I saw some people here who had fingerprints process faster but when I called IRCC they said it can take time and sometimes outside of 17 months window. I hope this helps everyone else and if you have any suggestions on what could be the hold up please feel share, thanks!

Reactions: citapplicant

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
i called IRCC and they explained that e-grants DF means Decision Finalized which can mean citizenship granted. My LPP was just recently approved so perhaps thats accurate after all.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
i called IRCC and they explained that e-grants DF means Decision Finalized which can mean citizenship granted. My LPP was just recently approved so perhaps thats accurate after all.
Huh, I mean this is awesome. I'm happy for you hahaha. For me though, my LPP (only prohibitions) is in progress, so idk how it's Decision Finalized if my prohibitions are still in progress. It is weird. Anyway, thank you so much. Maybe I'll try contacting myself and ask about it. Thanks again!

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Huh, I mean this is awesome. I'm happy for you hahaha. For me though, my LPP (only prohibitions) is in progress, so idk how it's Decision Finalized if my prohibitions are still in progress. It is weird. Anyway, thank you so much. Maybe I'll try contacting myself and ask about it. Thanks again!
Yeh i asked the same question and they said it's how the officers exchange notes by using abbreviations. so the good news they didnt see any red flags and had it internally approved but perhaps it was a matter of getting it reviewed and updated on the tracker. Prohibitions are hard to answer why it's still pending but thats hopefully something GCMS notes can also help with. I recently found out about CSIC notes as well (and CBSA notes). might be worth requesting those if they are free.

I'm seeing oath dates being offered in Jan so i'll likely be in the new year, lets see fingers crossed for something sooner!

Reactions: citapplicant