+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I called CIC today, and they told me that my application is still under criminality check. Also, the agent mentioned that I'm still within the 12 months processing time and my file in the local office Mississauga.
The agent said that my security check is done and they're waiting for my criminality check to be finalized before sending me the test. What's the difference between these two? And does it take that much to be done?

I'm September 2017 applicant, IP since NOV 2017.
Did you particularly ask this question OR they told you?

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Did you particularly ask this question OR they told you?
I ask about the checks. Since i called back in June and I was told that they're are working on my background checks. Today, the agent saying my security is done and still waiting to finish the criminality part.
She just said that they are normally working on my file and it's still within processing time.

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I ask about the checks. Since i called back in June and I was told that they're are working on my background checks. Today, the agent saying my security is done and still waiting to finish the criminality part.
She just said that they are normally working on my file and it's still within processing time.
Do these checks happen in Sydney or in Local office? I was told that my checks are done and now file in Sauga since June 1st. I didnt asked about what kind of checks...thanks

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Do these checks happen in Sydney or in Local office? I was told that my checks are done and now file in Sauga since June 1st. I didnt asked about what kind of checks...thanks
No idea about the location of checks. The agent said my file is in Mississauga so they're working on my checks in local office. However, I think the checks are conducted in both locations ( Sydney and local office), depends on the type of check.

Last edited:

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
I called CIC today, and they told me that my application is still under criminality check. Also, the agent mentioned that I'm still within the 12 months processing time and my file in the local office Mississauga.
The agent said that my security check is done and they're waiting for my criminality check to be finalized before sending me the test. What's the difference between these two? And does it take that much to be done?

I'm September 2017 applicant, IP since NOV 2017.

From what i know,

Criminality check is done to make sure that you have not committed any crimes, i believe that's usually done with the RCMP and other police agencies.

Security check is done by CSIS, where they will verify your history to determine if you present a risk to national security (terrorism, espionage, etc.)

Reactions: AHHA121

Habs

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Guys,
I completed the test yesterday at Glen Erin center - got 19/20 ..but please note there were 3 candidates who failed the test. Please take 2 days and study. Good luck!.
Congrats- Please share what type of questions came up in test?

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
Congrats- Please share what type of questions came up in test?
Couple of things - we are not supposed to share questions and secondly each test has 4-5 different test version on the same day even if I were to share it would not make any difference. Just study the material and take the mock test online ..I would say take the test at least 20-30 times till you start hitting 100% marks ..

Reactions: mweiner

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Couple of things - we are not supposed to share questions and secondly each test has 4-5 different test version on the same day even if I were to share it would not make any difference. Just study the material and take the mock test online ..I would say take the test at least 20-30 times till you start hitting 100% marks ..
What is the mock test?

mweiner

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Which mock test did you choose? I mean which website?
Thanks