+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing zipcodes on IMM 5406

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Hi guys I didn't include zipcodes in the family information form. Apart from that, the addresses are written out in full. Is this a potential problem?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys I didn't include zipcodes in the family information form. Apart from that, the addresses are written out in full. Is this a potential problem?
Yes, missing zipcodes is likely going to result in your application returned. Sometimes they give you the chance to resubmit the form but it doesn't happen all that often.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
For the sponsors address in Canada yes we inclosed zip codes, but for the principal applicants addresses out of country we did not include zip codes. There is not an organized postal system in my husbands country, so there wasn’t anything we could really do. The application was not returned.
But when submitting the schedule A form when asked for addresses/ postal codes
We attached a separate cover sheet to explain this information and everything went smoothly.
Ok thanks. Let's see how it goes.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Is it going to be worth it to send an updated IMM 5406 form (with the zipcodes) via web form? I'll be due for AoR by end of next week.

Annoyingly enough, there isn't enough space on the form to put my zip code in.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Is it going to be worth it to send an updated IMM 5406 form (with the zipcodes) via web form? I'll be due for AoR by end of next week.

Of course hindsight is 20/20 but anytime you don't have enough room for something, attach a separate sheet with explanation etc.

I sucks that a missing zip code would cause the whole application to be returned. But as others have said, there is little consistency - some get it sent back and some are requested to resubmit just that botched form.

If your application does get sent back, you'll want to double check for newer version of forms. I know that just this week IMM5406 and the application checklist was updated and that PCC and Schedule A will now be required upfront.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Of course hindsight is 20/20 but anytime you don't have enough room for something, attach a separate sheet with explanation etc.

I sucks that a missing zip code would cause the whole application to be returned. But as others have said, there is little consistency - some get it sent back and some are requested to resubmit just that botched form.

If your application does get sent back, you'll want to double check for newer version of forms. I know that just this week IMM5406 and the application checklist was updated and that PCC and Schedule A will now be required upfront.
Really sucks. Thanks.

Nishat Fatima

Jan 25, 2019
Hey guys I got adr request imm5406 i filled and uploaded . but i mistaken forget to fill dob of my parents and siblings will i get my application rejected?
however, they are not accompanying me.

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
I made the same mistake . What happened to your application.Did they return it?
I had made the same mistake and I sent them a corrected form via Webform on the IRCC website, I explained the situation and mentioned my pre-AOR number in the message. Our application is now being processed and wasn’t returned. I suggest you do the same :) good luck !

Ciel3121

Sep 1, 2022
I had made the same mistake and I sent them a corrected form via Webform on the IRCC website, I explained the situation and mentioned my pre-AOR number in the message. Our application is now being processed and wasn’t returned. I suggest you do the same :) good luck !

Hi just want to ask if you can send a webform without AOR? Had the same problem

Ciel3121

Sep 1, 2022

Hi just want to ask regarding your application because i made the same mistake. What happened , did ircc returned your application?