+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing some proof

AmeriCanada

Apr 30, 2012
Hey all, I need help on what I should do. People who have been in my situation are welcomed to share their stories in what they did. I have been trying to find proofs of my conversations with my boyfriend from the beginning of our relationship. But I realized they are all on a wiped out hard drive to my computer. So buh bye memories :( (and proof!!!) I remember reading a post somewhere that a person was in my same situation, but I can't recall where and how I found it. We've been together for 14 months, I lost the first 4 months of our chat logs. I stayed with him in Canada for 5 months with his family last summer and I don't think we kept our receipts/movie tickets (we watch movies a lot). And on his last trip here (March-April 2012) we went to Disneyland and got a hotel, with only his name registered to that room. What should I do? Any response would be greatly appreciated I feel like this is going to be a hard process. Also we will be applying Outland Buffalo as married spouses.

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
AmeriCanada said:
Hey all, I need help on what I should do. People who have been in my situation are welcomed to share their stories in what they did. I have been trying to find proofs of my conversations with my boyfriend from the beginning of our relationship. But I realized they are all on a wiped out hard drive to my computer. So buh bye memories :( (and proof!!!) I remember reading a post somewhere that a person was in my same situation, but I can't recall where and how I found it. We've been together for 14 months, I lost the first 4 months of our chat logs. I stayed with him in Canada for 5 months with his family last summer and I don't think we kept our receipts/movie tickets (we watch movies a lot). And on his last trip here (March-April 2012) we went to Disneyland and got a hotel, with only his name registered to that room. What should I do? Any response would be greatly appreciated I feel like this is going to be a hard process. Also we will be applying Outland Buffalo as married spouses.

[/quot

Hi there ... well honestly never been in this position but can understand what exactly is running in your mind ... if you guys have reserved disneyland and as u mentioned that it was on his name so just send email to them and ask them copy of your reservation which you guys did ... other than that you never used your CC in canada or any other bank card for payments ... you can get your vank statements as proof .. .

this is what i was having in my mind and i told may be other friends give you more detailed and nice idea .. dont lose hope just stay focus on target have good luck

ciao

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I sent in a couple of hotel invoices showing only my name, but in my timeline, I referenced the hotel stay to the invoice (I didn't bother explaining why the booking was only in one name). I figure the VO will understand this because it is common to book a hotel in only one persons name...and if not, it doesn't matter as we have a lot of other hotel invoices with both our names.

If you don't have a lot of proof, you need to figure out how you are going to convince the VO your relationship is real. You should check in your e-mail to see if you have anything saved on the server...you may be quite surprised.

I will try to get back to you with some more ideas later on when I have more time.

FS

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Well said frein .... why dont you check your email but only sent emails may be you will recover something from there and ask your husband to do same and contact disney fort to have reservation

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I lost virtually every online conversation between my husband and I for the first year of our relationship, including his first proposal and my reciprocating proposal. Needless to say, this caused me quite a bit of panic when I realised we could use this information in our application!

What I did was explain the circumstances of the loss (one computer crashed, and the other belonged to my employer so I saved nothing personal on it, so no chat archives) and provided as much other proof as I could concerning our friendship in those early days. For example, we had been Mafia Wars pals on Facebook, and they have that "view Friendship" option so I printed off every post we ever had on each other's "Walls". I also recalled some of the conversations we had (good memory for that kind of thing) and mentioned these as examples of what we talked about. We also had one or two emails during those days, nothing very long, but they proved that we were being truthful about when we began developing our relationship. I think what really saved us for that time period, though, is having friends who were around to watch the genesis of our relationship write letters and emails about it: their impressions, thoughts, their wishes for our future together.

Just do the best you can to substantiate what you can, and explain the rest. Don't leave a gap without an explanation, and just be upfront about what caused the gap.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Yes, I also contacted several hotels and was able to get copies of invoices showing both our names. If you only have invoices showing one name, you could write a brief explanation.

FS

AmeriCanada

Apr 30, 2012
Thank you for the responses! A year ago I never bothered thinking that losing all our conversations and pictures would be a bummer, but now I do lol I do have pictures, not a lot though, but I read it's quality over quantity right? And I did use my debit card, which I do have receipts of when I withdrew money here and there. And I'm sure my bank statements would be useful. Even though it says to married spouses letters aren't necessary, I am definitely going to have letters written up by friends and family.

Just do the best you can to substantiate what you can, and explain the rest. Don't leave a gap without an explanation, and just be upfront about what caused the gap.

I will definitely do this would you guys say a timeline of your relationship is the best way to organize the proof of a genuine relationship? Sorry for the questions. I think reading posts where genuine couples were rejected freaks me out haha and also with gifts how did you guys provide evidence that you two bought gifts? I read it was by receipts, but are there any other way. Thanks again:)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
For both the sponsor and sponsored person questionnaires, where it asks for additional proof at the end of both, my wife and I made a timeline for both. We didn't want to overlap and submit redundant proof, but our situation is slightly different because we have a son and two dogs, plus we've been living together since 2006 and we've been married for almost 3 years...so for us, we are not at all concerned about the VO questioning the genuineness of our relationship. Moreover, we have submitted 160 pics + lots of other supporting documentation.

We felt a timeline was easier to assess as opposed to a narrative. The timeline is written in both the first and third person (first person when we wanted to give more details and express feeling - third person for general stuff like birthdays, etc..).

The way you decide to do it is entirely up to you. I recommend the timeline because it is easier (IMO) for the VO. We didn't include every single month we've been together, only months with important events. We explained in a brief opening paragraph that we did normal things that couples do in the missing months. We also explained the reason why we both submitted the same timeline (we've been together for so long!). We actually met in July of 2005 and dated for about 11 months before moving in together, which we also explained in our timeline. References were made to our proof of relationship folder - photographs / cards / travel and additional proof.

I am sure your e-mail server will have e-mails saved. My wife used to use Hotmail and she said that all the e-mails between she and my mom were deleted. I searched and found all of them, which we included (but only samples over time).

Keep thinking of other kinds of proof you could include.

FS