+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing part in the app how far will this set us back..?

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
:( My husband in ireland says he got a package from CIC and that I forgot one part of the app but he is going to send it off to me since it requires my signature.. They apparently sent it back on June 25th/June 30th which is good right that means they were looking at our application?

Anyway how long do you think this will set us back? Because I was expecting to hear back for Sponsorship approval this Tuesday as it would mark 55 days this Tuesday :/. The letter won't reach me until this coming Friday. Ugh. When they receive the missing part of our application will they work on it immediately especially if its obviously going to surpass 55 days or will it be longer..?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
no one can tell you for sure, because we've all had varying experiences with missing documents. the only thing for sure is that AOR (Which is not what your husband received) and SA will be delayed. How long depends on Missisauga. When we forgot a form, we were delayed 2 weeks in getting AOR and SA, and our application received date was recorded as a month after it was originally sent. There are some people from March and April who had missing documents who are STILL waiting for approval! Those of course are extreme cases.

The theory is in the missing doc letter, there is a certain amount of days listed for getting the information back to cic. In some situations, it seems CIC waits until THAT date (called the bring forward date) to continue processing, no matter when the information was received. When we sent in our missing form, CIC told my husband it could take 2-3 weeks for the form to be attached to the original document.

So really, there's no knowing for sure what will happen with your form. It's one of the mysteries of CIC that will never be solved. Just get it in as soon as you can. CIC will send an AOR once the application is considered complete. What your husband was sent is not technically an AOR, though it may provide a file number or UCI number to use for tracking purposes (over the phone, not on ECAS).

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
rhcohen2014 said:
no one can tell you for sure, because we've all had varying experiences with missing documents. the only thing for sure is that AOR (Which is not what your husband received) and SA will be delayed. How long depends on Missisauga. When we forgot a form, we were delayed 2 weeks in getting AOR and SA, and our application received date was recorded as a month after it was originally sent. There are some people from March and April who had missing documents who are STILL waiting for approval! Those of course are extreme cases.

The theory is in the missing doc letter, there is a certain amount of days listed for getting the information back to cic. In some situations, it seems CIC waits until THAT date (called the bring forward date) to continue processing, no matter when the information was received. When we sent in our missing form, CIC told my husband it could take 2-3 weeks for the form to be attached to the original document.

So really, there's no knowing for sure what will happen with your form. It's one of the mysteries of CIC that will never be solved. Just get it in as soon as you can. CIC will send an AOR once the application is considered complete. What your husband was sent is not technically an AOR, though it may provide a file number or UCI number to use for tracking purposes (over the phone, not on ECAS).
[/quote
Very disheartening news... Now we will have to wait 45 days after June 25th until I hear something regarding my SA? :(! 55 days was enough now I have to wait even longer..... Will this delay his application when it gets sent to the London VO? His medicals expire January 24th.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Mrs.Purcy said:
Very disheartening news... Now we will have to wait 45 days after June 25th until I hear something regarding my SA? :(! 55 days was enough now I have to wait even longer..... Will this delay his application when it gets sent to the London VO? His medicals expire January 24th.
like i said, you may not have to wait that long. we didn't wait until that date, only 2 weeks. there is no telling what's going to happen, so you can't assume it will be one way or the other.

no, it won't delay the applicant's processing. It delays the time it taks to get AOR and SA Once the package is considered complete, it will be processed normally.

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
rhcohen2014 said:
like i said, you may not have to wait that long. we didn't wait until that date, only 2 weeks. there is no telling what's going to happen, so you can't assume it will be one way or the other.

no, it won't delay the applicant's processing. It delays the time it taks to get AOR and SA Once the package is considered complete, it will be processed normally.
It was missing out of my hubbies part. I mean its a good thing that they look at it that early?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Mrs.Purcy said:
It was missing out of my hubbies part. I mean its a good thing that they look at it that early?
yes, in order to receive AOR and SA, BOTH the applicant's AND the sponsor's application must contain all the forms required on the checklist. If either application is missing a form, it is deemed incomplete. Be happy the entire application wasn't sent back and caused further delay. missing a form seems pretty common. happens to a lot of us.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
As rhcohen said no one really knows but this is my experience.Application received 10th of April , then 9th of June received email ,husband document missing.Sent off document that day .Still haven't received AOR OR SA. I called CIC and they informed me they would be waiting the full 45 days then will look at my application again.Hoping i will hear something in the next two weeks. I am really hoping that they didnt just leave my file on the desk but i'm thinking that is just what its doing :(