+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing husband

Lilyana777

Jul 31, 2017
I'm applying for PR from outside Canada (not sponsorship) myself and suddenly my husband stopped replying to my calls and messages, I'm out of Canada for 3 months only and everything was fine. I'm not sure what's the situation is in there, maybe he found someone, but I'm trying to research my options here on how can I apply for PR without submitting his papers to CIC, is it even possible?
Thank you for your help.
Good luck with your loved ones

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
I'm applying for PR from outside Canada (not sponsorship) myself and suddenly my husband stopped replying to my calls and messages, I'm out of Canada for 3 months only and everything was fine. I'm not sure what's the situation is in there, maybe he found someone, but I'm trying to research my options here on how can I apply for PR without submitting his papers to CIC, is it even possible?
Thank you for your help.
if he is sponsoring you, unfortunately the short answer is no. you cant submit the papers for the application in his stead because you need his signature on the papers, and furthermore submitting alone would make the marriage suspicious.

Best wishes for you and hope you can reconnect and everything is okay

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Thank you for your help.
If its not a sponsorship what docs do you need from him?

Lilyana777

Jul 31, 2017
if he is sponsoring you, unfortunately the short answer is no. you cant submit the papers for the application in his stead because you need his signature on the papers, and furthermore submitting alone would make the marriage suspicious.

Best wishes for you and hope you can reconnect and everything is okay
Thank you for your wishes.
It's not sponsorship, I'm applying myself.

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
in that case, i think you wouldnt need any papers from him if you arent including him in your immigration to canada...the only slight inconvenience I can see is if they ask about your marital status considering you seem a bit uncertain about where your husband is and if you two are seperating or not, since the situation is so sudden

Lilyana777

Jul 31, 2017
in that case, i think you wouldnt need any papers from him if you arent including him in your immigration to canada...the only slight inconvenience I can see is if they ask about your marital status considering you seem a bit uncertain about where your husband is and if you two are seperating or not, since the situation is so sudden
That's what I'm worried about. I'll have to answer to the question if I'm single or married, what if he'll contact me asking for divorce before decision on my PR is made? I'm so confused.

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Thank you for your help.
Well youll have to give more details to get good answers.
What stream are you applying through?
Whats your husband status in Canada?

Lilyana777

Jul 31, 2017
If he has PR I dont think he will need to do the medicals. And had a quick look at the EE docs list. Cant see any docs required from him. (I might be wrong though)
OMG! Thank you! Thank you so much!!! I'll be praying it's true and I can proceed without his help! Thank you!