06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Hello Everyone!

My american husband and I have sent our outland application at the beginning of February without the FBI clearance (we had read that it was not necessary for the first step approuval) and we wrote on our cover letter that we had asked for it and that we would send it in as soon as we got it (as suggested on the forum). The good news is that he received it 2 week ago and we were waiting to have our file number to send it in in order for it not to get lost.

Today I received a letter from the CIC saying that our application is incomplete and is missing the FBI clearance. I'm about to send it in tomorrow morning but i have 2 questions:

- Will they review our file as soon as they get the document since it was not needed for stage 1 approuval anyways or is our file gonna get pushed back at the bottom of the pile (30 days wait)?

- Since we have sent the application we have gone on our honeymoon. We are both super broke for now but his parents and uncles gave us their airmiles so that we could afford to see each other while our file is being processed. I just came back 2 days ago! Should I send pictures and airplane slips of our honeymoon as additional proof of relationship? I think our file was already solid but since there was just a tiny 5 minute ceremony which only his parents and brother attended I though it might help... or is it too much to send in extra proof when all they asked for was his FBI clearance?

Thank you so so so much for all your help - You've been all so helpful since the beginning of this process :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Nobody can really tell you if you will "keep your place in the queue" or not. From others' experience, it seems that files are processed in order or arrival, but can not be guaranteed...so you might not be pushed back and have to wait another 30 days, but there is no guarantee that it will be processed the day it arrives - more likely, your file has been put aside and once the document arrives, they will have to match it to your file, then take a decision - make take a little time.

Sending extra proofs to be added won't hurt, and as you're sending a document already, you might as well add something about your honeymoon, with some pictures and proofs etc. It can only help, even if your case is straightforward - so I would probably send it if I were in your shoes, but that's only my opinion.

Good luck,
Sweden

M_iari

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-02-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
We sent in the Fbi clearance and pictures and an itinery of our honeymoon as additional proof of relationship. POst Cananda said it was received on MArch 6th, hopefully it will be processed quickly and won't go back at the end of the line :( I'l keep you guys posted :)

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
M_iari said:
We sent in the Fbi clearance and pictures and an itinery of our honeymoon as additional proof of relationship. POst Cananda said it was received on MArch 6th, hopefully it will be processed quickly and won't go back at the end of the line :( I'l keep you guys posted :)
Sometimes CIC can be so odd. My husband is also american and we didn't sent an FBI clearance or medical and we got our sponsorship approval with only a note about sending the medical asap. They're so inconsistent.