+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing a page in old passport, what should I submit with ITA documents

Dec 2, 2020
I have an Indian old passport which had missing page, while applying for new passport I had to register an FIR with the police and got a new one. Presently, I have received ITA and need to submit the documents. I am confused with what needs to be submitted for the old one as the lost page had stamps on it.

Please help and advice.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have an Indian old passport which had missing page, while applying for new passport I had to register an FIR with the police and got a new one. Presently, I have received ITA and need to submit the documents. I am confused with what needs to be submitted for the old one as the lost page had stamps on it.

Please help and advice.
You can submit whatever pages you have at least front page with your new application and you can add Letter of explanation regarding this. If you have copy of FIR you can mention about that too. Your old passport is invalid . You new one should be valid.

Dec 2, 2020
You can submit whatever pages you have at least front page with your new application and you can add Letter of explanation regarding this. If you have copy of FIR you can mention about that too. Your old passport is invalid . You new one should be valid.
Thanks for the reply, but the FIR is in Marathi (regional) language. And I am unable to track down any certified translator as mentioned on cic website. Could you please help me with that

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the reply, but the FIR is in Marathi (regional) language. And I am unable to track down any certified translator as mentioned on cic website. Could you please help me with that
As I already said I don’t think so you will need to provide fir copy as Letter of explanation is enough but you can goto any notary public and they can translate for you.