+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed to add a sibling name in Student Visa

PrincessSara

Apr 6, 2023
Hi i came to canada as a student and as im preparing my documents to apply for my PR i noticed that i have not included my younger siblings name in that application.
Im really worried now and will it be a problem if i add my siblings name in my current file?

how should i overcome this? Anyone had similar issue or anyone can guide me in this.

thanks in advance

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi i came to canada as a student and as im preparing my documents to apply for my PR i noticed that i have not included my younger siblings name in that application.
Im really worried now and will it be a problem if i add my siblings name in my current file?

how should i overcome this? Anyone had similar issue or anyone can guide me in this.

thanks in advance
Submit a web form with the information and an explanation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

PrincessSara

Apr 6, 2023
Thanks a lot @scylla for your responses. Im much worried and depressed that it will be counted as misrepresentation. Thanks and hope it will be fine?

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
I am in the same situation now. What did you do and how did it go?
It was no problem at all. Just declare all siblings in your PR application. It is misrepresentation but because the siblings cannot be sponsored as part of your PR application it will not be a problem. If it was spouse, child of common law partner then that will be a problem. Just provide all your siblings including step and half siblings. No need to add any explanation. You will be fine.

Srijan12

May 4, 2024
It was no problem at all. Just declare all siblings in your PR application. It is misrepresentation but because the siblings cannot be sponsored as part of your PR application it will not be a problem. If it was spouse, child of common law partner then that will be a problem. Just provide all your siblings including step and half siblings. No need to add any explanation. You will be fine.
Such a relief. Thank you so much for taking your time to reply

Reactions: XpressGirl