+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed PPR email for nearly 6 months

vinaymanasvi

Dec 17, 2015
Hi Guys!!
Just now I got a news from my representative of my PR application (who is also my relative, of course) that a PPR mail was delivered to his junk/spam folder on Jan 20, 2022. No mail communication to me either through CIC account or to my email ID that is provided as part of my application. As per the information in that email, I have to submit passports with in 30 days!!! It's nearly 5 months that I crossed the deadline for submission. My recent medicals were done on April 22, 2021. Now I am totally upset and confused!! what would be the consequences of not submitting the passports on time?? would some one please help me on the way forward for the same??
AOR-December 7, 2019

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys!!
Just now I got a news from my representative of my PR application (who is also my relative, of course) that a PPR mail was delivered to his junk/spam folder on Jan 20, 2022. No mail communication to me either through CIC account or to my email ID that is provided as part of my application. As per the information in that email, I have to submit passports with in 30 days!!! It's nearly 5 months that I crossed the deadline for submission. My recent medicals were done on April 22, 2021. Now I am totally upset and confused!! what would be the consequences of not submitting the passports on time?? would some one please help me on the way forward for the same??
AOR-December 7, 2019
If you have a representative, then IRCC communicates with your representative and not you. So your relative really screwed up and this was entirely their error.

Send a case specific inquiry asap and let IRCC know the email was missed. I would then submit your passport along with an explanation letter.

vinaymanasvi

Dec 17, 2015
If you have a representative, then IRCC communicates with your representative and not you. So your relative really screwed up and this was entirely their error.

Send a case specific inquiry asap and let IRCC know the email was missed. I would then submit your passport along with an explanation letter.
Thank you for the response Scylla!! I have initiated the IRCC webform. But problem is that, due to huge volumes of queries, IRCC now a days taking at least two months to respond to a web form inquiry. Is there is any alternate speedy approach to get a response from IRCC for such special cases?? I am from India and out landers don't have option to directly call IRCC. And by the way, you mentioned that you can submit my passport along with the explanation letter. Are you a consultant??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the response Scylla!! I have initiated the IRCC webform. But problem is that, due to huge volumes of queries, IRCC now a days taking at least two months to respond to a web form inquiry. Is there is any alternate speedy approach to get a response from IRCC for such special cases?? I am from India and out landers don't have option to directly call IRCC. And by the way, you mentioned that you can submit my passport along with the explanation letter. Are you a consultant??
There's really no way to get a speedy response from IRCC. Too bad your relative screwed up so badly. Hope you didn't pay him or her.

Some people have managed to find ways to call IRCC from outside of Canada, however I'm not familiar with that process. In your case, I don't see how this is going to help. First of all, the call centre is completely overloaded with calls right now so you almost certainly won't get through. Secondly, the IRCC help desk is just a bunch of people who answer very basic questions and are useless for anything complicated. They are also not IRCC officers and can't change or influence any decision related to your application.

No - I'm not a consultant or immigration lawyer. Normal person like you.

vinaymanasvi

Dec 17, 2015
There's really no way to get a speedy response from IRCC. Too bad your relative screwed up so badly. Hope you didn't pay him or her.

Some people have managed to find ways to call IRCC from outside of Canada, however I'm not familiar with that process. In your case, I don't see how this is going to help. First of all, the call centre is completely overloaded with calls right now so you almost certainly won't get through. Secondly, the IRCC help desk is just a bunch of people who answer very basic questions and are useless for anything complicated. They are also not IRCC officers and can't change or influence any decision related to your application.

No - I'm not a consultant or immigration lawyer. Normal person like you.
If no other options, lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the web form reply!! As my last medicals were on April, 2021, I expect that if at all they want to extend the PPR letter, they would ask for meds once again. Is there any option to proactively go for remeds and can update IRCC that the task was done?? Thanks once again for your instant response Scylla!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If no other options, lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the web form reply!! As my last medicals were on April, 2021, I expect that if at all they want to extend the PPR letter, they would ask for meds once again. Is there any option to proactively go for remeds and can update IRCC that the task was done?? Thanks once again for your instant response Scylla!!
I don't know the answer.

kkwangsir

Nov 9, 2016
Hi Guys!!
AOR-December 7, 2019
Have you solved it now? I'm having the same problem. The PPR expired almost 2 months.