+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed Online Citizenship Test.

avesh1992

Jul 19, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I was invited to take online Test between April 30 to May 20. They gave 21 days to completed and misread and somehow i thought it expires on 21st May. I waited whole year for this and missed it by such silly mistake. I emailed them to reschedule but not sure what is going to happen.

Does anyone has any experience or has knowledge about what happens next ? do i have to re apply or do i have wait another 6 months for my next date.

Interstellaraliens

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I was invited to take online Test between April 30 to May 20. They gave 21 days to completed and misread and somehow i thought it expires on 21st May. I waited whole year for this and missed it by such silly mistake. I emailed them to reschedule but not sure what is going to happen.

Does anyone has any experience or has knowledge about what happens next ? do i have to re apply or do i have wait another 6 months for my next date.
You will most likely get another chance but who knows how long you need to wait.

Reactions: avesh1992

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Clear instructions provided:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=910&top=5

Reactions: avesh1992

RamanS100

Apr 12, 2021
Hey, did u happened to get any response from them to reschedule the test, myself is also going to through something similar, i am out of country to take care of my mother who is terminally ill, hence cant travel right now due to flights banned from India until june 21 and my test date expires june 20. i am wondering how long do they take to respond back with next available test date.

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Same situation, wondering how long will it take to get contacted about the new test date, don't want to wait another whole year..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey, did u happened to get any response from them to reschedule the test, myself is also going to through something similar, i am out of country to take care of my mother who is terminally ill, hence cant travel right now due to flights banned from India until june 21 and my test date expires june 20. i am wondering how long do they take to respond back with next available test date.
I'm sorry you are in this predicament.

They won't respond with a new test date. They will cancel this test. Give them a tentative timeline of when you'll be back. Once you are back, let IRCC know through webform. They'll send another test invite depending on the slots available.

avesh1992

Jul 19, 2013
They responded in 2 days that they are going to reschedule my test and it would be my final attempt but they also mentioned that they can not provide me specific timeline that when would be my next test. Hopefully it happens in month , waited whole year for that.

avesh1992

Jul 19, 2013
Same situation, wondering how long will it take to get contacted about the new test date, don't want to wait another whole year..
What was ur scenario ? was that ur first test, what was ur deadline and what did they responded to you?

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
What was ur scenario ? was that ur first test, what was ur deadline and what did they responded to you?
I am out of country right now visiting my family, and I got invited to do the test online, from may 25 until June 14, here they won't let anyone leave the country without being vaccinated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am out of country right now visiting my family, and I got invited to do the test online, from may 25 until June 14, here they won't let anyone leave the country without being vaccinated.
You'll have to reschedule the test if you can't come to Canada within the test window and complete the test.

RamanS100

Apr 12, 2021
They responded in 2 days that they are going to reschedule my test and it would be my final attempt but they also mentioned that they can not provide me specific timeline that when would be my next test. Hopefully it happens in month , waited whole year for that.
Thanks for letting me know. that's helpful. did u just wrote a simple email ? or you had to type in an explanation letter etc ?

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Hello everyone, as I was out if ciuntry when I got my test invite. I informed them that I will be back in july so then I would like u to send me test invite. They acknowledged that n replied that once u are here in Canada, let us know and we will reschedule. I artived back on 1st July and sent an email to the address from where I got test invite on 5th July. Its been almost a month, I havent got any type of reply. Those who experienced this can plz tell about their experience? Actually I just got to know about a web form. I didnt send web form I sent only a simple email.
Thanks