+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed Oath Ceremony

MoJoMo

Feb 9, 2023
And just like that, like an idiot, I missed my oath Ceremony.

I though it was tomorrow :(

I can't tell you how gutted I am, every fiber in my body hurts.

I have sent an email to the address from where I got the oath invitation and I have filed the online form.

Now I wait again.

If I anyone knows the Montreal Office Ceremony email, please post it below.

Much Appreciated

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City

I have sent an email to the address from where I got the oath invitation and I have filed the online form.

Now I wait again.

Much Appreciated

So how did you receive the original invitation ? Did you read it ? I guess not since you're still asking email.......

Reactions: alok4best

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Oh my!!! the way my heart just jumped into my throat reading this!!!!

All the best!!!

Call IRCC in the morning and chat with an agent they can email the office for yah

Good luck

• Love
Reactions: MoJoMo

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
it was from CIC-CITOY-CONVO@cic.gc.ca , not from any specific office. and it was an online oath ceremony

You are almost there......

Please read this complete e-mail carefully.

********************************** IMPORTANT NOTES **********************************

4. If you cannot take the oath,........

Do you want me to continue or would it be too much to ask you to read that section again ? Especially Number 4.

you have all your answers in that letter my friend. Please just do a little bit more search.

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022
You are almost there......

Please read this complete e-mail carefully.

********************************** IMPORTANT NOTES **********************************

4. If you cannot take the oath,........

Do you want me to continue or would it be too much to ask you to read that section again ? Especially Number 4.

you have all your answers in that letter my friend. Please just do a little bit more search.
Can we not shame someone who is clearly panicked? Thank you.

MoJoMo, that's a nightmare scenario. I can imagine this feels really anxiety inducing. If there are no instructions in the email about your specific situation (oath is already past and was missed without notice), I recommend calling them. You may have to try a few times before you're being let in the queue. Good luck. I'm positive things will be alright in the end!

• Wow
Reactions: RandomUser514

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City

MoJoMo, that's a nightmare scenario. I can imagine this feels really anxiety inducing. If there are no instructions in the email about your specific situation (oath is already past and was missed without notice), I recommend calling them. You may have to try a few times before you're being let in the queue. Good luck. I'm positive things will be alright in the end!

Who is shaming whom ? I am not shaming him/her. The answer is in the letter. There is no need to call anyone. He/She just need to send an email to that same email. Details are in number 4. How can I be more specific ?

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City

And if you'd check his/her previous posts, he/she was aware of oath date so the date was known. again, all he/she needs to read that invitation letter once again. Number 4. Clear. Please do not spread misinformation; there is need to call IRCC. Letter is clear: He/she just needs to explain his/her situation in 30 days and that's it. And there is another topic going on exactly on this matter.

Last edited:

MoJoMo

Feb 9, 2023
Email sent yesterday.

Will update you all if there are any developments.

From what I have read on the forum here, response time is around 3 months and rescheduling is 3 months after that.

Thank you all for the support

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada

Now I wait again.

Much Appreciated
I'm sorry to hear you missed it. You're not an idiot. It can happen to anyone. Sometimes life is busy and we get dates mixed up. I hope they rebook you very soon! All the best!

• Love
Reactions: sixam

MoJoMo

Feb 9, 2023
Any updates? I also missed Oath recently (sigh..)
ahhhh I know that pain ughhh

There was an update on the 13th , Nothing changed, just shows that it was updated.

I am guessing they put me back on Queue or someone read my email ?

Other than that from what I have read on the forum it is between 6 weeks and 8 months to get a new date :/ Completely random