17-07-2014
Med's Done....
18-07-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
Hello,

Unfortunately I missed my ceremony, I wrote the day after and I realized one day after. It was on the 17th of February and I wrote 18th on my calendar. I realized 2 hours before the day I was thinking it was.

As soon as I found out I sent an email to this long email that comes on the email with the invitation for ceremony.

I noticed that my application changed to "updated February 22nd" BUT there's no changes in any of the steps or new date scheduled. I believe that someone updated something internally.

I also sent the form that comes in the website to inform about changes. And I received an email confirmation is sent.

I have read in FAQ that if you miss your ceremony you need to contact no later than 30 days and explain why, otherwise they will close the application. I have done that but no response yet. My question here is, has anyone been through the same thing? Missed and contacted but not received response or reschedule passed 30 days? I was trying to contact through the phone number but they are always busy and don't even have the option to wait on hold, tells me to call later. The 17th (30 days) will be next week, that's why I was trying to talk to a person to have a piece of mind.

Please, share if this has happened to you.

Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Unfortunately I missed my ceremony, I wrote the day after and I realized one day after. It was on the 17th of February and I wrote 18th on my calendar. I realized 2 hours before the day I was thinking it was.

As soon as I found out I sent an email to this long email that comes on the email with the invitation for ceremony.

I noticed that my application changed to "updated February 22nd" BUT there's no changes in any of the steps or new date scheduled. I believe that someone updated something internally.

I also sent the form that comes in the website to inform about changes. And I received an email confirmation is sent.

I have read in FAQ that if you miss your ceremony you need to contact no later than 30 days and explain why, otherwise they will close the application. I have done that but no response yet. My question here is, has anyone been through the same thing? Missed and contacted but not received response or reschedule passed 30 days? I was trying to contact through the phone number but they are always busy and don't even have the option to wait on hold, tells me to call later. The 17th (30 days) will be next week, that's why I was trying to talk to a person to have a piece of mind.

Please, share if this has happened to you.

Thanks in advance
This is normal. It can take many months to be rescheduled. I think we have a few people here who have been waiting over a year.

Hopefully you hear something soon.

Acestar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2013
AOR Received.
12-2-2014
Med's Request
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
18-07-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
This is normal. It can take many months to be rescheduled. I think we have a few people here who have been waiting over a year.

Hopefully you hear something soon.
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. So I should be ok as long as I have contacted them and no need to call, right?

Acestar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2013
AOR Received.
12-2-2014
Med's Request
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
18-07-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
did you get a rescheduled date yet?
Yes I finally got the rescheduled mail few days back. First i saw it updated online in my account and then received a email for the new date on April 14.

Reactions: Qrios1

Pawan Arora

Apr 8, 2022
Yes I finally got the rescheduled mail few days back. First i saw it updated online in my account and then received a email for the new date on April 14.
Congratulations!!
I am going through the same issue I missed mine in March.
If you don’t mind can you please elaborate more on the status updates online like what were the update after your first oath updates? and when you sent an email what was their reply?
Also, which office did you get invite from?
The form you are talking about is that the web form?
Thank you in advance!

aldev23

Apr 19, 2022
I am going through the same thing too. Mine was on April 8, I messaged them through the web form and also sent an email, the same day but haven't heard anything yet. Impossible to talk to someone when I called the 1888 number. Also noticed that my application changed to "updated April 12". We're the 19th, I don't know what's going on...

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Did you send an email reply to the original email, get an auto response and then just wait for a new date?

That's what I've done so far. I'm wondering if there is other stuff I should have done.

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
It's shocking that you can make this simple mistake, I have no words sometimes.

It's your Oath Ceremony the day we all are waiting for.

Pawan Arora

Apr 8, 2022
It's shocking that you can make this simple mistake, I have no words sometimes.

It's your Oath Ceremony the day we all are waiting for.
Sometime you don't miss because of a mistake but you are unavailable to attend due to travel or other reasons and there is no choice. So, think twice!

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Sometime you don't miss because of a mistake but you are unavailable to attend due to travel or other reasons and there is no choice. So, think twice!
No need to think twice, travel is not a good reason to miss the citizenship ceremony, which affects your future and wastes resources away from other people's applications.

Pawan Arora

Apr 8, 2022
and what if someone has to travel for work?
And people have different reasons for travel… FYI, travelling is not only vacation.

it is more frustrating for people who miss than people who are waiting.

Reactions: Jakev