+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed Oath Ceremony - Montreal Applicant

Randski

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Montreal
Hello,

I am December 2017 Citizenship Applicant based in Montreal, I passed the citizenship test on April 6th and got a DM a couple of days after. I had been waiting for the Oath Ceremony invite since, and I decided to call IRCC this week to ask about it since 3 months had passed and I'm pregnant with my due date fast approaching.

To my surprise, the agent said I was scheduled for the Oath Ceremony on June 8th, that an email was sent to me and I had missed it, but I never received such an invitation. Even on my e-cas there is no mention of an Oath ceremony invite, the last update was the invite to the test in April. I have been checking my emails (including junk mail) and e-cas on a daily basis.

The agent told me to submit a case specific inquiry using the web form explaining why I had missed the Oath and asking for it to be re-scheduled, which I did on Tuesday. How long should I wait before I follow up? I've been seeing that sometimes it takes weeks for them to answer case specific enquiries, if they answer at all. I'm due to give birth mid-August and I am worried that I will miss yet another Oath ceremony because of the timing.

Any advice on what I can do next? Would it actually help to call again tomorrow or early next week?

Thanks!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
That's unfortunate!

My advice: you should also send a doctor's note to confirm your due date; and kindly request urgent processing or 'special accommodation' since you never received the invitation.

Reactions: salimnw

Randski

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Montreal
Thanks for your response Joshua1.

Would I need to submit yet another CSE to upload the documents as there does not seem to be a way to track or update the first enquiry?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hello,

I am December 2017 Citizenship Applicant based in Montreal, I passed the citizenship test on April 6th and got a DM a couple of days after. I had been waiting for the Oath Ceremony invite since, and I decided to call IRCC this week to ask about it since 3 months had passed and I'm pregnant with my due date fast approaching.

To my surprise, the agent said I was scheduled for the Oath Ceremony on June 8th, that an email was sent to me and I had missed it, but I never received such an invitation. Even on my e-cas there is no mention of an Oath ceremony invite, the last update was the invite to the test in April. I have been checking my emails (including junk mail) and e-cas on a daily basis.

The agent told me to submit a case specific inquiry using the web form explaining why I had missed the Oath and asking for it to be re-scheduled, which I did on Tuesday. How long should I wait before I follow up? I've been seeing that sometimes it takes weeks for them to answer case specific enquiries, if they answer at all. I'm due to give birth mid-August and I am worried that I will miss yet another Oath ceremony because of the timing.

Any advice on what I can do next? Would it actually help to call again tomorrow or early next week?

Thanks!
wow ... i saw people in the forum who assisted to the june 8th oath they said that there was a lot of empty seats which was odd ... there was most likely a problem in the system and you are not the only one that this happened to

Another proof of how important calling cic center from time to time even if the 12 months processing time has not passed yet.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Wow their system glitch affected a lot of people and they did not notice that? What a shame.

Reactions: Jok5r

Randski

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Montreal
I know, it's very frustrating. And if I hadn't called I would still be waiting for an invitation..

Since more than 30 days had passed from the date of the ceremony without an explanation from my part, am I also now running the risk of an abandoned application? The CIC help center agent did not make it sound like I was at risk of losing my application...

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
I know, it's very frustrating. And if I hadn't called I would still be waiting for an invitation..

Since more than 30 days had passed from the date of the ceremony without an explanation from my part, am I also now running the risk of an abandoned application? The CIC help center agent did not make it sound like I was at risk of losing my application...
They must be aware of the glitch that happened. I think you are ok ... don't worry

fcharm

Jul 23, 2018
Hi every one,

I tried to call several time, but they were busy to answer, 1-888-242-2100 I have this phone number, any other number?

Thanks,

gracy142006

Nov 24, 2011
Any update on this thread guys? same boat hear. Waiting for my letter via mail for 2 months. Nothing came. Called CIC and said I was scheduled 2 months ago and they sent invitation via email which I did not receive. Im travelling for 3 mos on Oct- to Dec. Was requesting for an urgent rescheduling but am not sure if they will accept my reason.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
ECAS doesn't update with the oath information, also email comes from a different email than previous emails, so it still might go to spam.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
ECAS doesn't update with the oath information, also email comes from a different email than previous emails, so it still might go to spam.
It does specify the oath date, just not the location...

For OP and others, it's a real shame...
Hope you get a new invitation very soon.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
It does specify the oath date, just not the location...

For OP and others, it's a real shame...
Hope you get a new invitation very soon.
Just checked mine, it's there now, but wasn't there before I took the Oath. Weird. Or maybe I'm not remembering correctly.