+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed my oath ceremony.

Olivio232

Jul 28, 2019
Me and my family were suppose to go for our oaths on the 24th of July and somehow mistook the 24th for the 27th. We went yesterday and were obviously surprised when they said no oaths were being taken that day and to contact the IRCC online and send a letter to the office. We wrote and sent a letter which should arrive by Tuesday and we also filled out the IRCC online form for each member of the family. I am extremely scared because I just realized that in the webform, I said our oath ceremony was on the 24th of June instead of July. Will they think it's been more than 30 days and shut our case down even though it's only been 4 days since our appointment? Will they reschedule our oath? Everything was going smoothly up until this point and I scored a 19/20 on the citizenship test. I'll be calling the IRCC tomorrow,

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Me and my family were suppose to go for our oaths on the 24th of July and somehow mistook the 24th for the 27th. We went yesterday and were obviously surprised when they said no oaths were being taken that day and to contact the IRCC online and send a letter to the office. We wrote and sent a letter which should arrive by Tuesday and we also filled out the IRCC online form for each member of the family. I am extremely scared because I just realized that in the webform, I said our oath ceremony was on the 24th of June instead of July. Will they think it's been more than 30 days and shut our case down even though it's only been 4 days since our appointment? Will they reschedule our oath? Everything was going smoothly up until this point and I scored a 19/20 on the citizenship test. I'll be calling the IRCC tomorrow,
No need to panic. They will look at your file and note the right dates.

You will be OK but don't be surprised if it takes several months to reschedule your oath.

One more thing... try to get your dates right, IRCC is like one strike and you end up in a dungeon.

Olivio232

Jul 28, 2019
No need to panic. They will look at your file and note the right dates.

You will be OK but don't be surprised if it takes several months to reschedule your oath.

One more thing... try to get your dates right, IRCC is like one strike and you end up in a dungeon.
For sure, honestly I don't know how I got it mixed up but life happens especially when you're busy with work. I've never had this happen before and up until this point everything went extremely smoothly. I really hope everything works out and we don't have to restart the entire process.

Olivio232

Jul 28, 2019
Update

We called the IRCC and they told us not to worry. Due to this being our first time, they said it will 100% be rescheduled. Only people who miss it twice would be considered for abandonment if they have no valid reason. Our letter will arrive tomorrow(we sent it with tracked mail).

Anyone ever done this with the Mississauga office? any idea of how long it takes?

Cyril_mtl

Aug 27, 2018
I am stuck like that with the Montreal office, I wrote email/webform to them the next day, outside of an automatic answer,
I had to wait a full month before something was added to my file according to the guy I got on the phone.
It is noted than I will be rescheduled, but still no new date, and still nothing showing in the web.
From what I read, it can be months ..., hard to plan vacation or business travel.

Olivio232

Jul 28, 2019
I am stuck like that with the Montreal office, I wrote email/webform to them the next day, outside of an automatic answer,
I had to wait a full month before something was added to my file according to the guy I got on the phone.
It is noted than I will be rescheduled, but still no new date, and still nothing showing in the web.
From what I read, it can be months ..., hard to plan vacation or business travel.
Did you miss the actual oath ceremony too? We filled the webform but didn't get a confirmation or even an automatic answer. We called the IRCC earlier today and they said they couldn't see our webform but it was normal as it took a couple of days to show up for them usually. The guy on the phone told us we will be rescheduled but it's a matter of waiting. How long have you been waiting, i've heard horror stories from the Montreal office.

Cyril_mtl

Aug 27, 2018
Yes miss my oath date, I had everything plan, all the papers ... even took a day of at my job, at the evening when checking if everything was in order, I discover that the oath date was that morning instead of the next day :(, missed it by 24h.
I wrote to them by replying on the oath email, use the web form too, only got an automatic answer, feeling very stupid and frustrated.
It took a month for the phone support to be able to tell me that something move and I was in a queue to get an new oath date ...
And almost two other week before I got an new oath date in email.
I lost two months between my first oath date and my new one. I think I should be 'happy' as I read some people didn't heard from CIC for months...
Now I am planning my passport paperwork to try to get one in urgency to be able to go in vacation.

Good luck with your oath, CIC services aren't very good at communicating !
(I was stuck in europe last year without PR card because of family emergency, I spent three weeks trying to contact every
CIC channel or representative to get my travel document request processed before my fly back date.
I go them the day before my fly date)

Olivio232

Jul 28, 2019
Yes miss my oath date, I had everything plan, all the papers ... even took a day of at my job, at the evening when checking if everything was in order, I discover that the oath date was that morning instead of the next day :(, missed it by 24h.
I wrote to them by replying on the oath email, use the web form too, only got an automatic answer, feeling very stupid and frustrated.
It took a month for the phone support to be able to tell me that something move and I was in a queue to get an new oath date ...
And almost two other week before I got an new oath date in email.
I lost two months between my first oath date and my new one. I think I should be 'happy' as I read some people didn't heard from CIC for months...
Now I am planning my passport paperwork to try to get one in urgency to be able to go in vacation.

Good luck with your oath, CIC services aren't very good at communicating !
(I was stuck in europe last year without PR card because of family emergency, I spent three weeks trying to contact every
CIC channel or representative to get my travel document request processed before my fly back date.
I go them the day before my fly date)
Congratulations on your oath re-invite. So it only took a month and a half? wow, super quick especially for Montreal. What day was your oath suppose to be? Cheers

Cyril_mtl

Aug 27, 2018
No nothing special, Just another date showing in the web and email.
If your are honest with them, they will reschedule you more or less quickly depending of how busy the office will you are related is.
Today we were 360 people from 62 countries at my oath ceremony. It took 3 hours.

Olivio232

Jul 28, 2019
No nothing special, Just another date showing in the web and email.
If your are honest with them, they will reschedule you more or less quickly depending of how busy the office will you are related is.
Today we were 360 people from 62 countries at my oath ceremony. It took 3 hours.
Wow, 3 hours!

I'm in the Mississauga office so I think it might be a bit longer than Montreal. We were very honest with them and just told them we mixed up the dates, and we also sent one letter asking for possible urgent processing since one of our family members intends on joining the army and citizenship is a requirement, hopefully they contact us as quickly as they did you. 3 days from now will mark exactly a month passing.

Thanks for your help. :)