+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed date of absence

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
Hi all, need your urgent advice. I had my citizenship test yesterday and during the interview, the officer identified that one absence had been missed from the sheet that I had submitted with my application.

My total days in Canada at the time of submission were: 1224.

The absence totals 22 days, which brings down my days in Canada to 1202.

Although this is still within the 1095 days limit, would I expect to receive a RQ for not having given all the information?

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
nexxus007 said:
Hi all, need your urgent advice. I had my citizenship test yesterday and during the interview, the officer identified that one absence had been missed from the sheet that I had submitted with my application.

Although this is still within the 1095 days limit, would I expect to receive a RQ for not having given all the information?
What is your local office ? I heard in Mississauga they give oath letter right after interview.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nexxus007 said:

The problem really is that CIC now have grounds to doubt your other declared dates...until the oath nothing you can do but sit tight and hope you don't get a post test RQ.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nexxus007 said:

Just curious here. How does the officer find this missed absence time? Did the agent pull up the exit/entrance info on file? Were they from the days spent in US?

Screech339

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
Msafiri said:
The problem really is that CIC now have grounds to doubt your other declared dates...until the oath nothing you can do but sit tight and hope you don't get a post test RQ.
Well, the officer did go throug all the stamps in my passport and verified all the other entries, which matched perfectly. It was just this one date range that was missed.

To the other poster, you are correct. I did get the oath letter, but the letter does not specify a name on it. Would i still expect to get either a RQ or a query from the judge for having missed this info?

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
screech339 said:
Just curious here. How does the officer find this missed absence time? Did the agent pull up the exit/entrance info on file? Were they from the days spent in US?

Screech339
Nope, what they did was, during the interview post test, they went through all the stamps in my passport since the time I became a PR to the time i applied, and verified that the absences i had claimed were the same as on my passport.

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
nexxus007 said:
Nope, what they did was, during the interview post test, they went through all the stamps in my passport since the time I became a PR to the time i applied, and verified that the absences i had claimed were the same as on my passport.
what other questions did the officer asked ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nexxus007 said:
Did you both have entrance and exit stamps in your passport on all your trips?

Reason I am asking is that my wife went to her home country last year. She didn't get an entrance stamp but has an exit stamp from her country. I know what day she left for her home country.

Will this be a problem with CIC? Of course that I will state when she was out of Canada and back in. Will CiC accept her absence dates as true when I only have exit stamps as evidence.

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
toronto0725 said:
what other questions did the officer asked ?
Nothing else. She verified my IDs, verified my phone numbers, my address, whether i own my home or rent it, and then went on to verify the passport stamps. That's when we realised that the absence had been missed.

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
screech339 said:
Did you both have entrance and exit stamps in your passport on all your trips?

Reason I am asking is that my wife went to her home country last year. She didn't get an entrance stamp but has an exit stamp from her country. I know what day she left for her home country.

Will this be a problem with CIC? Of course that I will state when she was out of Canada and back in. Will CiC accept her absence dates as true when I only have exit stamps as evidence.
Yes, i had the US entry stamp, and the Canada entry stamp 3 weeks later.

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
nexxus007 said:
Yes, i had the US entry stamp, and the Canada entry stamp 3 weeks later.
How many total absences you had ? you said around 200 ? did the officer made the correction on your residence calculator sheet ?

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
toronto0725 said:
How many total absences you had ? you said around 200 ? did the officer made the correction on your residence calculator sheet ?
My total days absent was 236. The officer added the missed entry in the sheet, changed the days absent to 258 and in the comments section wrote:

"Did not declare one absence.
No further comments."

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
nexxus007 said:
My total days absent was 236. The officer added the missed entry in the sheet, changed the days absent to 258 and in the comments section wrote:

"Did not declare one absence.
No further comments."
Yes you should be fine. One my friend had same issue, the officer was very nice , he corrected the mistake and put some notes and he received Oath in mail within a month.

The oath notice that you got does it have any date on it ?

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
toronto0725 said:
Yes you should be fine. One my friend had same issue, the officer was very nice , he corrected the mistake and put some notes and he received Oath in mail within a month.

The oath notice that you got does it have any date on it ?
Thanks. Yes, it has the date on it - August 7th.