+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed Citizenship test appointment

InLoveWithAnAmerican

May 9, 2014
My wife and I filled out her citizenship application in later 2019 and completely forgot about it thinking we'd receive something in the mail sometime and we'd go from there.

its august 2020 right now and were looking into the application to find that;

1. application was recieved in 2019
2. we were sent a acknowledgement and study book (never received these)
3. our application was processed on early 2020
4. a notice was sent us early 2020 to appear and right test mid 2020....

we totally blew it and missed all these notices.

How screwed are we?

My wife has 7 months left on her PR card and we've never changed addresses in last 6 years.

we've received mail from them in the past, such as an incomplete application first time we sent it (for example)

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
The steps you should take if you did not attend your citizenship test depend on if we sent you:

• a first notice to write the test,
  • a final notice to write the test, or
  • a notice to re-write the test.
I was sent my first notice to write the test
If this was the first time you were asked to write the test, you can:

• contact us to let us know you missed the test, or
  • wait to be automatically rescheduled for another date.
Contact us
You have 30 days from the test date to contact us and let us know why you missed the test. Write us a letter explaining why you missed the test. Send this letter to the IRCC office that scheduled your original appointment. You can send this letter by mail or online, using this Web form.

The local office handling your application will decide if you have a valid reason for missing the test.

If your reason is valid, we will send you another notice with a new test date. (We will consider this new notice as another first notice in case you miss this new date, but have a valid reason for not attending.)

If your reason is not valid, we will treat you the same as someone who missed the test and did not contact us. (See “Be rescheduled automatically” below.)

Be rescheduled automatically
We will automatically reschedule you for a new date to write the test if you did not attend the test and you:

• did not contact us to let us know, or
  • did not have a valid reason for missing the test.
We will send you a new notice telling you the new test date. This will be your final notice to write the exam.

This new test date will usually be two weeks or more after the date of the test you missed.

supermario

Mar 9, 2018
You'll probably have to re-apply and make sure you check your online account this time.
How do you get access to the online system? After AOR, do they send a letter in the mail with instructions and credentials? Or is it just an email containing credentials?

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
You might have got lucky and her test got canceled due to covid-19. Find out if her test was canceled!