+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed Citizenship oath

bhpuneet

Apr 18, 2018
Hi, I have missed oath ceremony as email was in Junk folder. I sent email and raised web form to IRCC. It has been more than 2 months but no update. Does anyone missed oath before. Any idea when will it be rescheduled?

Reactions: Dorian_M

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi, I have missed oath ceremony as email was in Junk folder. I sent email and raised web form to IRCC. It has been more than 2 months but no update. Does anyone missed oath before. Any idea when will it be rescheduled?
I've never ever understood how people can miss ceremonies and also because they're in the junk folder. I mean you've got an oath email coming through and you've not thought hhhmmm let me constantly check my junk mail just in case. it's ridiculous! You question is also ridiculous....you've given no context...have you re-applied? have they contacted you? you may as well as how long is a piece of string!

Reactions: RandomUser514

bhpuneet

Apr 18, 2018
@Dalboy1980
How come is this ridiculous??
I was going through some tough time and didn’t get chance to login to application tracker and also email was in junk folder. By the time i checked the oath date passed.

How can you say question is ridiculous?
And i have not provided context.
I already mentioned that i raised webform and sent email also.

if you can’t help anyone stay away from replying it is that simple.
Now don’t bother to give your comments here and Have a nice day.

Reactions: Mitya-kun

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
@Dalboy1980
How come is this ridiculous??
I was going through some tough time and didn’t get chance to login to application tracker and also email was in junk folder. By the time i checked the oath date passed.

How can you say question is ridiculous?
And i have not provided context.
I already mentioned that i raised webform and sent email also.

if you can’t help anyone stay away from replying it is that simple.
Now don’t bother to give your comments here and Have a nice day.
Going through a tough time? Yeh we all are in some form or shape....maybe you and the hacker guy should compare notes. I've helped many people here contrary to what you think mate! Good day to you!

Reactions: i6evx5e8

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Have you tried emailing your processing office at the ceremony email address (where the email came from)? Explain that you found the email too late in the junk folder. Ask for confirmation that your request for rescheduling has been noted.

Reactions: bhpuneet

bhpuneet

Apr 18, 2018
Yes. I send email to the processing office explaining the same. Also raised web form. It has been more than 2 months but not received any reply from them.
It is mentioned on cic website that you will be automatically rescheduled for Final oath if you missed first one. So thought of checking on this forum if someone is in same boat.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
I've never ever understood how people can miss ceremonies and also because they're in the junk folder. I mean you've got an oath email coming through and you've not thought hhhmmm let me constantly check my junk mail just in case. it's ridiculous! You question is also ridiculous....you've given no context...have you re-applied? have they contacted you? you may as well as how long is a piece of string!
Send an email to them it is mentioned in your Junk Folder but remember they will send you the final Invitation within 2-6 Months and if you miss it your fee is non refundable and you will submit the application from the scratch. Always check the Tracker.

Reactions: bhpuneet

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
My partner missed his ceremony on Feb 22nd, the timezone was mountain time and we live in Vancouver (pacific time), so he missed the ceremony by 1h. We sent 3 webforms and 2 emails (one to IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and one to the Edmonton office), and we also mailed in a letter to Edmonton. We checked the tracker yesterday and they rescheduled him for April 27th, but no email yet. I'd say keep bugging them and take responsibility for the mistake in your communication with them, and ask to be rescheduled.

bhpuneet

Apr 18, 2018
Send an email to them it is mentioned in your Junk Folder but remember they will send you the final Invitation within 2-6 Months and if you miss it your fee is non refundable and you will submit the application from the scratch. Always check the Tracker.
Yes. I read that they will send final invitation. Now i login every day to the Status Tracker and check all spam emails regularly. Don't want to miss the final invite.

bhpuneet

Apr 18, 2018
My partner missed his ceremony on Feb 22nd, the timezone was mountain time and we live in Vancouver (pacific time), so he missed the ceremony by 1h. We sent 3 webforms and 2 emails (one to IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and one to the Edmonton office), and we also mailed in a letter to Edmonton. We checked the tracker yesterday and they rescheduled him for April 27th, but no email yet. I'd say keep bugging them and take responsibility for the mistake in your communication with them, and ask to be rescheduled.
Thanks for your reply. I will definitely send follow up emails.