+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed call from CBSA

Mocktingbird

Mar 22, 2019
Hey All,

I am waiting for my express entry PR application final results, my 6 months already passed a week ago
Few days go, i got a missed call from CBSA with their actual number +1 800 461 9999 as 4:40 pm, I went to their website and their business hours are open until 4:00 PM

Does anyone know what could they possibly want ? is this a bad news ? is this a scam call (though its CBSA actual number) ? should i call back ? should i prepare for something ?

I would really appreciate any help or suggestion.

Thanks a lot

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hey All,

I am waiting for my express entry PR application final results, my 6 months already passed a week ago
Few days go, i got a missed call from CBSA with their actual number +1 800 461 9999 as 4:40 pm, I went to their website and their business hours are open until 4:00 PM

Does anyone know what could they possibly want ? is this a bad news ? is this a scam call (though its CBSA actual number) ? should i call back ? should i prepare for something ?

I would really appreciate any help or suggestion.

Thanks a lot
Ignore the number. It's easy to spoof.
Unless you have already had dealings with CBSA, not IRCC, it's quite possible that it's a scam.
CBSA are not involved in PR application processing with regard to contacting you.

Mocktingbird

Mar 22, 2019
Ignore the number. It's easy to spoof.
Unless you have already had dealings with CBSA, not IRCC, it's quite possible that it's a scam.
CBSA are not involved in PR application processing with regard to contacting you.
No Not really, i've never dealt with them.

Thanks man, I was worried for a while. but after i found that the left a voice mail and i listened to it.
turned out, there was an automatic voice saying something but my SIN number and that I might be facing legal coincidences.

Thanks again.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
No Not really, i've never dealt with them.

Thanks man, I was worried for a while. but after i found that the left a voice mail and i listened to it.
turned out, there was an automatic voice saying something but my SIN number and that I might be facing legal coincidences.

Thanks again.
I received the same calls , the first one saying they are from the legal department of CRA and the second one was from the legal department of CBSA . both of them used exactly the same recording with the only change in the name of the agency. it's nothing but a scam, don't worry about it.

Reactions: Mocktingbird

Mocktingbird

Mar 22, 2019
I received the same calls , the first one saying they are from the legal department of CRA and the second one was from the legal department of CBSA . both of them used exactly the same recording with the only change in the name of the agency. it's nothing but a scam, don't worry about it.
Thank you :)