+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed call from Canadian authorities during self isolation

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Would call the public health office in the city you were staying in and try to explain your situation. Not sure how you missed a call for so long knowing you would likely be contacted by public health.
Thanks for this, I contacted the Toronto health authority over email and they replied to me that:

someone probably missed calling you back or coming by your place, but once the 14 days you have nothing to be concerned about

So for now I am going to try to stop worrying about this :D

Mar 8, 2020
Ah my bad @Bs65 you were probably answering @CanadaCallingNow .
In my hurry/worry I overlooked that :)

@CanadaCallingNow there is no restriction on travel to the US from Canada for only "essential purposes" when traveling by air.
As per CBP even land travel is ok since work is considered essential, though I flew so can't confirm the land situation first hand.
Thanks, @ryeCatcher - Did the CBP agent ask you for specific documentation to prove "essential" work?

Mar 8, 2020
This happened to us a few days into our self-isolation period. They called each family member to check whether we were following the self-isolation regulations; however we missed picking-up the phone call for my child. They left a similar voice message, but they didn't call back, nevertheless in a few days a (gentle) police officer showed up at our doorstep and asked to check on my child, then asked him a few questions (just to check if he was abiding to the regulations) and waived us goodbye.

Generally I think those following the regulations have nothing to worry about. The GoC is serious about restricting the spread of COVID-19, and they want to ensure the self-quarantine regulations are strictly followed towards that.
@eksray - If I may ask, did you travel by air or road? On your return, were you asked specific questions about "essential" work by the CBP agent? I'm hearing some people are being turned away.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Thanks, @ryeCatcher - Did the CBP agent ask you for specific documentation to prove "essential" work?
No since I flew, there is no enforcement of "essential travel" when flying. That enforcement is for "land border" only.
As per my conversation with CBP I could have driven since all work is considered essential by the US authorities, but since I ended up flying I cannot confirm first hand. You can call CBP yourself btw and raise a ticket on their contact use page as well.

Mar 8, 2020
No since I flew, there is no enforcement of "essential travel" when flying. That enforcement is for "land border" only.
As per my conversation with CBP I could have driven since all work is considered essential by the US authorities, but since I ended up flying I cannot confirm first hand. You can call CBP yourself btw and raise a ticket on their contact use page as well.
@ryeCatcher - Thanks! Is it OK if I DM you if I've questions?

eksray

May 19, 2017
@eksray - If I may ask, did you travel by air or road? On your return, were you asked specific questions about "essential" work by the CBP agent? I'm hearing some people are being turned away.
I traveled by air, and no I wasn't asked that question. I'd had a CoPR dated before Mar 19 when I landed, and as per the regulations I am allowed to enter the country.

There was a case of a visitor visa holder who was refused entry to Canada in front of me though.

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
I am in the same situation as the first poster. But actually I did the random mandatory test, which showed that I have covid. I havent received a call a yet from a health officer because I believe the international number I provided isnt working anymore. Is there a way to reach them by mail or phone ? thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same situation as the first poster. But actually I did the random mandatory test, which showed that I have covid. I havent received a call a yet from a health officer because I believe the international number I provided isnt working anymore. Is there a way to reach them by mail or phone ? thanks
You probably gave them your Email address.