+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed Absences

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
Hi all:

Well, despite what I thought were incredibly careful records and triple checking with credit card statements, work records, etc. I found out I wasn't 100% with my absences. I received my FOIA this morning and found that while the majority of the 50+ entries I listed in my residency calculator are accurate, I found that I missed two weekend trips (a total of 3 days outside of Canada) and that for three other trips I was off by a single day (left 1 day early on 2 absences, left 1 day later on the other). Meeting the 1460 day requirement is not a problem; in fact, recalculated I still have a 500+ day buffer.

That said, with my application in process are there any practical, proactive steps I can take now? Or just wait until my citizenship interview to mention them? Or get ready for a RQ?

Thoughts and positivity are appreciated!

xalam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Once you know déclare it, prépare à letter saying what you are saying and make a new déclaration, send them Foia with it..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
KtotheG said:
Hi all:

Well, despite what I thought were incredibly careful records and triple checking with credit card statements, work records, etc. I found out I wasn't 100% with my absences. I received my FOIA this morning and found that while the majority of the 50+ entries I listed in my residency calculator are accurate, I found that I missed two weekend trips (a total of 3 days outside of Canada) and that for three other trips I was off by a single day (left 1 day early on 2 absences, left 1 day later on the other). Meeting the 1460 day requirement is not a problem; in fact, recalculated I still have a 500+ day buffer.

That said, with my application in process are there any practical, proactive steps I can take now? Or just wait until my citizenship interview to mention them? Or get ready for a RQ?

Thoughts and positivity are appreciated!
Is your file still in Sydney or local office? Accordingly, prepare a letter and mention the details and mail it to the corresponding office. Also submit a case specific enquiry form online and mention the same

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
thecoolguysam said:
Is your file still in Sydney or local office? Accordingly, prepare a letter and mention the details and mail it to the corresponding office. Also submit a case specific enquiry form online and mention the same
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I contacted IRCC and they were quite helpful. They strongly advised against mailing a letter as they said they (obviously) get thousands and it'll be difficult to update. However, the call centre agent sent me the link to the case specific web form and said I should sign and scan an updated calculation as well as the CBP entry records. Done and done. We'll see what happens, but at least I know I covered my bases.

Thanks again!

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
links18 said:
How do you know the records are correct?
Almost all matched up with what I already had submitted. The ones that I missed I confirmed through work emails/attendance.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
KtotheG said:
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I contacted IRCC and they were quite helpful. They strongly advised against mailing a letter as they said they (obviously) get thousands and it'll be difficult to update. However, the call centre agent sent me the link to the case specific web form and said I should sign and scan an updated calculation as well as the CBP entry records. Done and done. We'll see what happens, but at least I know I covered my bases.

Thanks again!
Hopefully you have mentioned your client id, citizenship application#, your name, date of birth, address etc etc
Also send a letter to the office by registered mail quoting your citizenship application# and all other relevant details as mentioned above and keep the copy for your test/interview so that if there is any questions, you have the proof to show to the officer.