+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed a vacation in travel history in citizenship application

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hello,
I applied for my citizenship in October and have only received AOR yet. Today I applied for my PR card renewal and realized that I somehow I missed a 3 week travel out of Canada I did in 2022 to write in my citizenship application travel history. Although my total number of days of presence in Canada are still enough to qualify but I am worried that it may be considered a misrepresentation.

Also as my application has not moved at all after AOR, I am doubting if this could be a reason of that. Is it possible that they have kept it aside for additional checks when they find this anomaly in travel history during AOR?

I am open to withdraw and re-apply also. Is withdraw and re-apply advisable or just a web-form should be enough.

TIA.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
I applied for my citizenship in October and have only received AOR yet. Today I applied for my PR card renewal and realized that I somehow I missed a 3 week travel out of Canada I did in 2022 to write in my citizenship application travel history. Although my total number of days of presence in Canada are still enough to qualify but I am worried that it may be considered a misrepresentation.

Also as my application has not moved at all after AOR, I am doubting if this could be a reason of that. Is it possible that they have kept it aside for additional checks when they find this anomaly in travel history during AOR?

I am open to withdraw and re-apply also. Is withdraw and re-apply advisable or just a web-form should be enough.

TIA.
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

Do the physical presence calculation again, attach the generated PDF to a webform explaining the miss.

Physical presence validation happen later in the processing cycle. No need to withdraw. Max they might ask you to come for a interview.

Reactions: sunnyb7

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
Hello,

TIA.
They emailed us when they were checking our Physical presence, saying that there were a couple of undeclared entries into Canada.. They asked to send the Physical presence calculated again by adding the undeclared entries.. We did, and it got approved in a couple of days. It is common for people to forget the 5 years of history. Nothing to worry. You can send a web form before their email.