+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Miss representation Letter

Navneet17

Mar 1, 2018
Dear Members
I am Resisdent of India and applied for Immigration under EE and my Profile is under pool and once Visit Visa was refused.I got in touch with one Immigration agent (Non IRCC) who got me in confidence by showing the LIMA Letters and Offer Letter and Jobs in Canada Job Bank too and charged me about 1 lac for getting the LIMA and everything.
Now He took my passport and said the firm is willing to apply on Their behalf as they have lawyers who do that work effectively and at good.
He applied the things at VFS Delhi with LIMA and Letter having Canadian stamps and everything and submitted the application and he done same things with 2-3 more members now they all received a letter that LIMA is fraud and they will be banned for 5 years for miss representation . Now As I had already applied for EE and if I get Ban everything will be lost for me . I had gathered the documents offer letter and LIMA for my case procedure and payment slips but Will the Visa Officer will get satisfied by everything or the Fraud Immigration agent will win and Get money and I will loose my dreams and will Face A Ban I Am meanwhile also thinking to get one legal case here in India but as the police is saying that this is not in our jurisdiction to get things done from Canadian Firm for fraudulent what should I do

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Members
I am Resisdent of India and applied for Immigration under EE and my Profile is under pool and once Visit Visa was refused.I got in touch with one Immigration agent (Non IRCC) who got me in confidence by showing the LIMA Letters and Offer Letter and Jobs in Canada Job Bank too and charged me about 1 lac for getting the LIMA and everything.
Now He took my passport and said the firm is willing to apply on Their behalf as they have lawyers who do that work effectively and at good.
He applied the things at VFS Delhi with LIMA and Letter having Canadian stamps and everything and submitted the application and he done same things with 2-3 more members now they all received a letter that LIMA is fraud and they will be banned for 5 years for miss representation . Now As I had already applied for EE and if I get Ban everything will be lost for me . I had gathered the documents offer letter and LIMA for my case procedure and payment slips but Will the Visa Officer will get satisfied by everything or the Fraud Immigration agent will win and Get money and I will loose my dreams and will Face A Ban I Am meanwhile also thinking to get one legal case here in India but as the police is saying that this is not in our jurisdiction to get things done from Canadian Firm for fraudulent what should I do
It's not clear to me if the LMIA you submitted is fake or not.

If the LMIA you submitted is fake, you should expect that CIC will hold you responsible. CIC generally does not accept the excuse that an agent committed the fraud since applicants are held responsible for ensuring applications correct and all of the paperwork submitted is genuine.

If you receive a misrepresentation letter, you can certainly try arguing that your agent was the one who committed the fraud. It's hard to say if this will work or not. Again, CIC generally holds the applicant responsible for any application fraud.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Members
It's unfortunate that the immigration agent has fooled you and others.

It seems like you have received a Procedural Fairness letter and you have responded to it. Is this so?

Navneet17

Mar 1, 2018
I had received a letter to Reply in 30 days for the Miss representation and I am totally stressed what To do What I can do to save myself from the Ban . How Can I get CIC understand that I am a Victim and already suffered alot .

Navneet17

Mar 1, 2018
The Immigration Agent before the Police had said that How can LIMA can be fake as the Canadian Consulate has fixed conunter stamping and signed the letter.He is saying when CIC called the company for verification they refused because of No opening there . I am confused that How Can LIMA issued once can be refused by Employer after getting the payment and giving the things

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The Immigration Agent before the Police had said that How can LIMA can be fake as the Canadian Consulate has fixed conunter stamping and signed the letter.He is saying when CIC called the company for verification they refused because of No opening there . I am confused that How Can LIMA issued once can be refused by Employer after getting the payment and giving the things
LMIAs are issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)/Service Canada, not Canadian consulates.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What Can I do to avoid a Ban Of representation as my life is at stake
You'll have to respond to the letter and let CIC know you didn't know the LMIA was fake - and provide the evidence you have to support this. There's a small chance CIC may simply refuse you and not issue a misrepresentation ban. However there is a good chance you will end up with a ban in which case you will unfortunately have to set aside your plans to immigrate to Canada for five years.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What Can I do to avoid a Ban Of representation as my life is at stake
At this point, pretty much nothing. As scylla said, it was your responsibility to make sure you were submitting genuine documents.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had received a letter to Reply in 30 days for the Miss representation and I am totally stressed what To do What I can do to save myself from the Ban . How Can I get CIC understand that I am a Victim and already suffered alot .
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do now. Hopefully, you have replied to the procedural fairness letter + you proved that you were given fraudulent documents by the immigration agent. Generally, IRCC will not accept that the agent was responsible for your situation because you were expected to verify the process and documents before signing the WP application.

If you're exceptionally lucky, IRCC will accept your explanation/documents that you were mislead by the immigration agent. In the best case scenario, you will only receive a visa refusal now. However, it is more likely that you will be banned for misrepresentation

Reactions: scylla

Navneet17

Mar 1, 2018
I had talked to one IRCC Registered Lawyer In morning they are saying pay us a fees We Will do a appeal and then you are avoid a Ban but I am worried that in last I don’t want to end up with moeny loss and ban both in even with help of lawyer

I didn’t know when he submitted the file and why he did that Just for some money he ruined 5-6 lives in one go

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
saying pay us a fees We Will do a appeal and then you are avoid a Ban
Sounds like another attempt to swindle money from you. I doubt that once a foreign national has been determined to have committed misrepresentation that an appeal is a wise or even possible (practically speaking) effort.

Division 7: Right of Appeal (IRB)

Misrepresentation

(3) No appeal may be made under subsection 63(1) in respect of a decision that was based on a finding of inadmissibility on the ground of misrepresentation, unless the foreign national in question is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or child.
http://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/page-12.html#h-31

Reactions: Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had talked to one IRCC Registered Lawyer In morning they are saying pay us a fees We Will do a appeal and then you are avoid a Ban but I am worried that in last I don’t want to end up with moeny loss and ban both in even with help of lawyer
An appeal will work/you can overturn the decision to ban you only if you are able to successful prove that you did not submit a fake LMIA. Unfortunately, this is almost impossible in your case. Also, IRCC has investigated your file prior to issuing the Procedural Fairness letter.

The chances of winning an appeal are zero. IMO, you would lose money to the lawyer in the appeal.... and you would still end up with the same outcome i.e. the 5-years' ban.

I didn’t know when he submitted the file and why he did that Just for some money he ruined 5-6 lives in one go
It is most unfortunate that you have to go through this. Maybe you can consider immigrating to another country if you prefer. You would need to declare this ban whenever you apply for visas/immigration to other countries.

If the immigration consultant/agent who applied for your WP is registered with ICCRC, you can file a complaint here:
http://iccrc-crcic.info/

Reactions: Buletruck

Navneet17

Mar 1, 2018
Hey Seniors
One of our group member who applied before me(One day at Same VFS and Same Centre) had not received any decision and the status is that your application is processed at the Canadian Embassy although he had offered a courier services for passport collection but then also Why we had been refused a WP and banned and his application is still pending as he applied earlier and his WP is also with Same Documents.
Is he going to face more tough time and passport will be not given by Embassy or its something else.

The Application Date was One day earlier than me at Same VFS and my decision is done and refused and banned on26 I received the PP and his status is still pending.
What it means

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Did he receive a fairness letter? If not, he can expect one and he has 30 days to respond. That’s why his file is pending. They are waiting for his response.