+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation

n1n1

Jan 28, 2021
I have a question.
If an officer asks for a document and we cannot provide it, is it considered misrepresentations??

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
No, but you should be prepared to explain why you can not provide the requested document. If they accept your reason, then you should be given an opportunity to provide an alternate document to satisfy their request.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
I have a question.
If an officer asks for a document and we cannot provide it, is it considered misrepresentations??
Yes
If you claim:
Work experience
Education
Marital status
Citizenship
.... etc
That you cannot proof an immigration officer may or may not refer to it as misrepresentation. If one was lucky enough one only gets rejected.

n1n1

Jan 28, 2021
Thanks,
i m not sure about other countries,
but for my country, it seems that insurance is important to show that u have worked full time, for example, if they ask for this document, but we dont have it and we have pay stub or contract/ can it be suffice? or because most of the people from my country show insurance, & if we are not able to provide that it might consider misrepresentation!!

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Thanks,
but for my country, it seems that insurance is important to show that u have worked full time, for example, if they ask for this document, but we dont have it and we have pay stub or contract/ can it be suffice? or because most of the people from my country show insurance, & if we are not able to provide that it might consider misrepresentation!!
No it won’t. The immigration officer needs solid proofs to accuse someone of misrepresentation. So he will need to show you worked part time in your case for you being accused.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thanks,
PR application of what concerns work experience only requires reference letter as mandatory and pay stubs if you have them.

One case below of an applicant answered no for past visa refusal was banned 5 years under misrepresentation.
It is not same case but if one provide misleading information even un-intentionally could be refered easily as misrepresentation
In addition if an immigration officer is not convinced with the reference letter will try to validate it directly with the company and sends the applicant a note that S/he is under validation for misrepresentation suspicion.

Try to search the forum you'd find plenty
"Misrepresentation work experience" ( random example https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/misrepresentation-warning.432343/)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2021/01/misrepresentation-mistakes-matter-0116963.html/amp

Last edited:

Jaspreet13

Star Member
Dec 24, 2017
Hi i need to ask one question I filed for my study permit extension and got rejected on the 2nd of September 2020 in that the officer told me to submit all the education transcripts for all the colleges that I attended but I failed to upload one transcript which is the current college that I was going to as i got it on the 25th sept but I didn’t mention the reason will it be okay if I submit it in express entry or will I charged on misinterpretation kindly help